Bug when 2 people save at the same time ?

JPAllain

Idea

Hello,

I've had the same problem twice when me and my co-worker both were working on the same note and saved it at approximately the same time.

As a result, my co-worker had that note duplicated on his Evernote, including a message that said it contained a conflict. On my Evernote, the note in question was duplicated too. Neither of us had the same note content in the place where we had made changes. I had my changes, and he had his.

So my question is: how should we go about working together simultaneously on Evernote ? Is that always going to be a problem ? And how should we remove the duplicate file that appeared after the conflict ?

Thank you for your assistance !

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, JPAllain said:

I've had the same problem twice when me and my co-worker both were working on the same note and saved it at approximately the same time.

As a result, my co-worker had that note duplicated on his Evernote, including a message that said it contained a conflict. On my Evernote, the note in question was duplicated too. Neither of us had the same note content in the place where we had made changes. I had my changes, and he had his.

So my question is: how should we go about working together simultaneously on Evernote ? Is that always going to be a problem ? And how should we remove the duplicate file that appeared after the conflict ?

You're using the wrong product if you want to collaborate on editing a document.

You've posted in the IOS forum so you might want to look at the latest Apple iWork products.  They just introduced collaboration.
I understand Google Docs also supports collaboration, and there's a new intergration with Evernote

The only other idea I have is to avoid a setup where you're working on the same note.  For example, separate status reports instead of a combined report.

Thank you for your answer and your assistance.

Is it always going to be a problem if two people work on the same note at the same time or does it depend on which part of the note they're working on ?

Is there going to be a conflict no matter what or is it only a problem if they simultaneously work on the same part of the note ?

To be more precise, does the conflict come from working on the same paragraph (i.e. one person is deleting words while the other is adding words in the same sentence) or does the conflict come from working on the same note ?

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, JPAllain said:

Thank you for your answer and your assistance.

Is it always going to be a problem if two people work on the same note at the same time or does it depend on which part of the note they're working on ?

Is there going to be a conflict no matter what or is it only a problem if they simultaneously work on the same part of the note ?

To be more precise, does the conflict come from working on the same paragraph (i.e. one person is deleting words while the other is adding words in the same sentence) or does the conflict come from working on the same note ?

My understanding is the conflict will occur for the entire note.

Archived