handwrite in Evernote????

Ms Watson

Idea

Here's an idea: why not make things a little simpler so I dont have to spend an hour of my saturday evening trying to work out whether I can, or cannot, use my wacom pen with my desktop version of Evernote on my mac. This is driving me mad. Why can't I do it? Do I need Skitch or don't I? Why cant I just pick up my wacom pen and selct the pen option like I can in IOS? (Except I can't because I hate all the available pens for IOS) 

I can't find any simple instructions of how to get Skitch to work with evernote either. Everything I come across on youtube seems to have different options to my version. If I try and grab an image by opening Skitch separately, it just takes a screenshot of my empty skitch app? 

BAD MOOD! 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your Wacom pen should include instructions as to how to use that hardware.  If there's a way to create a document with the pen,  it can be uploaded to Evernote.  But while Evernote is set up to work seamlessly with desktop and mobile processors,  manufacturers and software providers,  it can't predict the 1001 add-ins - like pen input - which are currently fashionable. 

It's usually up to the add-in to conform to Evernote standards.  An established app like Evernote can't bring out a new 'fix' each time a new method is discovered or released.

for an evernote employee (?) I don't find that answer particularly helpful at all. Deeply unhelpful, in fact. 

Obviously I understand you can't provide for third party devices. But perhaps you can answer what I'm trying to get to the bottom of: 

DOES a wacom intuos pro work on a desktop mac with Evernote? This guy is using a bamboo wacom pen on a mac, but he is able to open an "Ink Note", why can't I? 

Perhaps you could also tell me about Skitch, and point out that it is being phased out, which after extensive googling I found out after posting these to the forum? Should I use skitch or not? Can you point me to a single decent tutorial showing me how to handwrite , starting from an evernote note, on a mac???? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  No employees here - this is a (mainly) user forum;  unless someone else has a similar Wacom pen and is willing to post some suggestions,  we can't help. 

I can tell you that while support for Skitch has been discontinued on every OS except Mac,  it continues to work happily on most if not all platforms.  If you find you can use it,  you should probably do so. 

There are dozens of video tutorials on YouTube which may include some that will be helpful to you,  but Waco should surely have some support material on how to use their product? 

They do have some apparently extensive support documentation at Wacom.com.

Archived