Smart Folders - Yes or No.

themagictramp

Idea

I want smart folders.

I love smart folders.

Please don't inform me about 'Saved Searches'. I don't like them. They are awkward, and just not Mac-like.

I ALREADY know about it's integration with Spotlight, but i don't want that either.

I want smart folders - right there, in the left pane, inside Evernote.

I'm sure MANY will agree.

My question is a simple one - will there EVER be smart folders in Evernote for Mac?

Your answer? A simple Yes or No will do.

Please consider this, it's the only thing missing from the desktop client to make it 'fully-integrated'.

Cheers.

10 replies to this idea

I agree that it's no need "Smart Folder" for Evernote.

But I think that "Saved Searches" are not useful enough.

When we touch Saved Searches, it opens tag-lists. It's bothering me, not smart.

Multiple tags kick out Saved Searches column with scrollbar.

I request modify Saved Searches more smart.

If possible, Saved Searches are placed more accesible position, for example, between notebooks column and tags column.

If possible, Saved Searches are placed more accesible position, for example, between notebooks column and tags column.
A more accessible position would be in a separate, resizable window. Same for tags.

I realize some people like everything in one window. I do for some applications, but not for Evernote. Once you have a lot of Evernote tags, it's a hassle to scroll through them to find the right one and to reach the saved searches. That scrolling is not only un-Mac-like, it's un-Evernote-like.

(As for smart folders, I agree that the saved searches meet that need 100%.)

Once you have a lot of Evernote tags, it's a hassle to scroll through them to find the right one and to reach the saved searches.

I don't find scrolling the tags a hassle but I do nest some of them, too.

When going to the saved searches, I click the arrows to hide the tag list, which then scrolls the saved search section up. I'm on Windows, so I don't know if the Mac version differs in this respect.

I want smart folders.

I love smart folders.

Please don't inform me about 'Saved Searches'. I don't like them. They are awkward, and just not Mac-like.

I ALREADY know about it's integration with Spotlight, but i don't want that either.

I want smart folders - right there, in the left pane, inside Evernote.

I'm sure MANY will agree.

My question is a simple one - will there EVER be smart folders in Evernote for Mac?

Your answer? A simple Yes or No will do.

Please consider this, it's the only thing missing from the desktop client to make it 'fully-integrated'.

Cheers.

Agreed. Also, saved searches don't exist across platforms. Folders do. Smart folders should too.

Also, saved searches don't exist across platforms. Folders do. Smart folders should too.

Yes they do exist across various platforms. And if you mean they don't sync across all platforms, at least between Windows, web & iOS clients they do.

I understand that saved searches is the EN soultion to Smart Folders, BUT perhaps we could meet in the middle and allow a saved search to be placed (as an icon of sorts) in the sidebar. This way I can click on the saved search on the left, and see my results. It is fewer clicks and acts as a visual reminder.

A use case: A saved search that looks for all incomplete to-dos from all notes/notebooks.

• Level 5

I understand that saved searches is the EN soultion to Smart Folders, BUT perhaps we could meet in the middle and allow a saved search to be placed (as an icon of sorts) in the sidebar. This way I can click on the saved search on the left, and see my results. It is fewer clicks and acts as a visual reminder.

This works already. Drag a saved search into your shortcuts, then you can click on it whenever you like.

Archived