Google Drive Integration, Webkit only.

canuteson

Idea

As a paid Subscriber, and a Linux desktop user, I'm incredibly disappointed in the lackluster support for the new Google Drive/Evernote integration.

Since Evernote has consistently insisted the Linux community should build their own **** Evernote desktop client if they want one, I'm getting used to such disappointments.

Even though the web client has become a much more viable alternative to the desktop application recently, I'm kind of surprised that the Google Drive integration is available in the Web app at all. So brief pleasant surprise to see it supported in the web app, followed immediately by crushing disappointment that the feature isn't supported in Firefox.

Color me dismayed. Google Chrome is the new Internet Explorer. Welcome to the future. Evernote's lack of support for anyone not running their favorite Operating Systems and now browsers is leaving me wondering why I pay money to a company that support my use of their product. So I'm not going to do it anymore.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry you're disappointed,  but Evernote has never 'insisted' that the Linux community build their own client.  They've simply pointed out that it's not cost effective for them to do so.

And the Google Drive integration was launched for Android and Web (Chrome only) - with "more platforms coming".  Meantime linking to a file in Google Drive (or any other cloud site) is merely a matter of pasting a link in a note.  While displaying and searching within content is supposed to be part of the package I've not had access for long enough (via Android) to verify that this works effectively.  You're not missing out on a great deal at this stage...

Evernote don't have a 'favorite' anything - the app works across all supported clients,  and its features are increasingly harmonised;  Chrome happens to be a more flexible environment than Firefox for development - and the same applies in other supported operating systems. 

Your and my favorite browser will get its chance in due course.

Archived