Idea

As a long time Evernote Premium user and evangelist, I now have a son entering the middle school/ jr. high crossover. I want to teach him to use Evernote for organization, notes, scheduling etc. My question is would Evernote allow for Premium users to "host" accounts for children under their own premium account? Similar to the way Apple does family sharing.

• Like 3

4 replies to this idea

On September 15, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Benjamin Varner said:

As a long time Evernote Premium user and evangelist, I now have a son entering the middle school/ jr. high crossover. I want to teach him to use Evernote for organization, notes, scheduling etc. My question is would Evernote allow for Premium users to "host" accounts for children under their own premium account? Similar to the way Apple does family sharing.

Does "host" mean - a family discount?

Until this is becoumes real; I'd still recommend setting up free basic accounts for your children.
They get exposure to the features, and you can share family notebooks with them

I moved this from the Mac forum to the all platforms forum, and I up-voted

I'd agree with using a Basic account and sharing notebooks from the Premium account.  If the parent does the 'heavyweight' uploading subject to Premium note limits and shares those notebooks with the child,  the remaining upload quota on the Basic account should be more than enough to be going on with for a few years at least!  ;)

I also voted,  because sooner or later college will come around...  but then Evernote do have student discounts...

• Like 2

Me, too!

I have Evernote premium on one Linux laptop and on two android devices.

I actually would like a family account for me, my mother, and my son.  I just cannot justify $36 a month for a business account for three people.  

I would need full access to Mom's account to assist her in using Evernote.  I would need to share my !Calendar notebook with my son, and allow him to add events.  My son works alone in agriculture, so his use would be personal and business combined.  To experiment with a free account for Mom, I set up a free account for me.  It doesn't do enough for her to be interested in using it daily.  I use my premium account constantly!

On 2017-06-18 at 9:01 AM, Leata said:

I just cannot justify $36 a month for a business account for three people.  

I definetly can't see using a business account.  
The plus or premium accounts seem more appropriate 

What "business" features were you looking for?