How do I stop Evernote from launching at startup?

Trying my luck here, as Evernote will not allow me to actually contact them...

I have Evernote ( Version 6.9 (453991 Direct)) on my Mac (OSX 10.11.6) and all of a sudden my Evernote will now automatically decide to launch/open when I turn on my laptop each morning.

How do I stop this?

I can't find anything under preferences to uncheck, and the icon in my dock does not have 'Open at Login' checked. Can someone help show me how to stop this, or do I just have to uninstall this app altogether?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TX-EX said:

I have Evernote ( Version 6.9 (453991 Direct)) on my Mac (OSX 10.11.6) and all of a sudden my Evernote will now automatically decide to launch/open when I turn on my laptop each morning.

How do I stop this?

I can't find anything under preferences to uncheck, and the icon in my dock does not have 'Open at Login' checked. Can someone help show me how to stop this, or do I just have to uninstall this app altogether?

This is a new setting in PreferencesScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 7.22.50 AM.png

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, TX-EX said:

Do I need to uninstall and start all over with a clean install?

That might solve the problem.  Its worth a try.
There are Mac OS solutions, but that's all over my head

• 2 months later...

I have version 6.10 of Evernote on my Mac running 10.11.6 and whenever I log into the computer Evernote also starts even though I do not have this option checked in preferences. I believe that the length of time it takes for Evernote to load hinders my ability to immediately work. The time that Evernote takes to load when I log on is unreasonable long and I would like to change this. How can I turn off loading when I log in? As I said previously, this option is NOT checked in preferences.

On 12/9/2016 at 4:02 PM, Ruth316 said:

I have version 6.10 of Evernote on my Mac running 10.11.6 and whenever I log into the computer Evernote also starts even though I do not have this option checked in preferences. I believe that the length of time it takes for Evernote to load hinders my ability to immediately work. The time that Evernote takes to load when I log on is unreasonable long and I would like to change this. How can I turn off loading when I log in? As I said previously, this option is NOT checked in preferences.

Hi @Ruth316, please see my post here:

Thanks!

• BSR locked this topic

Archived