Lost all notes, tags etc

I was using Windows desktop version as usual, and while I was in the program, everything disappeared. Notes, folders, tags. I was still logged in. So I logged out and back in...everything is still gone. 

At the top of the page it says "Business Notebooks". I do not have a business account. Perhaps that is the problem.

Everything seems ok on web version and my iPhone.

I have >20k notes.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, tjhoo said:

I was using Windows desktop version as usual, and while I was in the program, everything disappeared. Notes, folders, tags. I was still logged in. So I logged out and back in...everything is still gone. 

At the top of the page it says "Business Notebooks". I do not have a business account. Perhaps that is the problem.

Everything seems ok on web version and my iPhone.

I have >20k notes.

The master version of your notes is on the server, so the good news is that you verified (web platform) your notes are there; your problem is isolated to the one device.

Often, when everything disappears its because a different userid is being used.
You could try logging out, and signing back in making sure the correct userid/password is used.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting devices.
My solutions are

1. Reboot the device - this often resolves problems
  2. Delete the app and database.  Reinstall and let the database be rebuilt from the servers.
    Warning: The rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes

You could also open a support ticket.      Contact Evernote Support 

Thanks but logging out/in did not work. Neither did rebooting.

I'll bet the problem is that for some reason EN desktop thinks I have a business account...which I do not. 

I am on the pre-release version on EN Win.

• Ex Employees

@tjhoo Please double-check to make sure you're using the same email address/password combination to login on both Evernote for Windows Desktop and Evernote Web. Please message me your activity logs after confirming you're using the same login email address/password. Thanks. 

• 4 months later...

I tried the suggestions above and my tags and notes are still missing in the desktop. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Uninstalled EN desktop.

2. Installed Evernote_6.4.2.3788.

3. Synced

After syncing, most of my tags and notes are still missing in the desktop. Online I have 3886 notes. In the desktop, less than 100.

I been trying to get this fixed since last September.   Tech support is still not sure why this keeps happening. highly suggest opening up a ticket with them.  If more people are identified as having this problem maybe it will get more visibility.

Personally, my notes and tags disappear when I use the "Ctrl+Q" search function. I've had to follow the instructions from tech support for repopulating notes/tags etc. I lost all my information at least half a dozen times. Please contact tech support and let me know here how it goes.

Archived