Have print options for 

1. Print Note Title:
  2. Omit Note Title

Notes:

• 2016/09/08 Mac 6.9 removed the note title from printed notes
  • 2016/09/28 Mac 6.10 Beta 1 restored the note title to printed notes

33 replies to this idea

Hi DTLow,

Thanks but no correction is needed - I suppose you didn't ready my post entirely. 

(currently, if left blank, it by defaults prints: "Untitled")

We just said the exact same thing :)

My request above is simple what you and I both just said: 

"it should be blank"

Thanks

Absolutely vital if you use Evernote to print anything.

I typed up a letter in Evernote, because Evernote is always open on my Mac, and now have to copy and paste it into Word to print because I can't get rid of the blasted title (even when there's no title it still inserts the "Untitled" title, which is ridiculous!)

PLEASE sort this out.

I personally hate it if the title prints. I'm using "technical" titles for my notes, so that I myself get an overview over my stuff. When I print a note, I print it for others and if they see my cryptic titles, it's not what I want to communicate.

I believe printing is like communicating. Printing is different than just using Evernote and taking some notes. Printing is giving.

Hence I'd like to control my communication. The titles should be treated separately from the content. We need the option "Print note title" either in the print dialog or globally in Evernote preferences. Just as a reminder to the readers here – this feature request is not about having the note title print (it does, as of Version 6.12.3) but the request demands a choice to print the note title or not to print it (hide it).

–Martin

This is broken again in 6.13 ?

Now no title shows at all but also, no headers show if "show headers" is selected in print dialogue.

This version appears to be going backward, not forward. But hey, the title bar changed as did sharing workflow (which nobody asked for.) 

Confirming that, in 6.13, Headers do not print when <Print Headers> is checked on Print options. The <Print Headers> checkbox therefore performs no function. 

In 6.13, Titles do not print. 

Users expect to be able to print or suppress Headers and Titles in almost any consumer software product. Each of these malfunctions impair the utility and value of the Evernote product. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, howdoogie said:

If we leave the title blank, when printing to PDF it should be blank.

Just a point of correction
You can't have a note with a blank title
If you try to use a blank title, Evernote will insert "Untitled"

Regardless, you could post a request saying if the title is "Untitled" it should not print

Agree. This one is critical. ajmswright's request has been made countless times before in other forums and it's not happened thus far. While I do want/need that feature, right now I'd settle for getting titles back on printed documents (which we had before the latest version!) 

Now all I get when I print is a line at the top of the page below where the titles (should?) used to be!

Please EN team, please, please at least this back to there it was in 6.12.x!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, saharaviolet said:

When will title printing be fixed/added as option/put back?  I do need the title to print. Its part of my workflow. And that new line looks very odd at the top. Lines are for visually separating content. What is that line separating?  

Title printing is working for me  v6.14 Beta 1 (455983 Direct)

Yes,

While our school continues to use Evernote (yet to be determined as we need notebook password protect option to continue long term and have contacted the Evernote team), we print many notes to PDF and the ability to NOT print titles (currently, if left blank, it by defaults prints: "Untitled") is important to have. 

If we leave the title blank, when printing to PDF it should be blank. If we type in a title, it should print that title. Simple. 

Thanks

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, idagrove said:

Who on earth would kill a feature like "print title"?

What were they thinking?

I see that some users want to omit the title when printing and they would send feature requests accordingly. But that doesn't mean you can just kill that feature just because users that are happy with the titles being printed don't send feature requests like "keep the title printing"...

I don't know what to say really.

It doesn't seem to be an intended change.  Title printing has been restored in the latest version

See the Notes at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/99599-feature-request-note-title-when-printing/?do=findComment&comment=429393

Who on earth would kill a feature like "print title"?

What were they thinking?

I see that some users want to omit the title when printing and they would send feature requests accordingly. But that doesn't mean you can just kill that feature just because users that are happy with the titles being printed don't send feature requests like "keep the title printing"...

I don't know what to say really.

The emphasized title has also been dropped from emailed notes, and now only appears in the subject line. 

I like DTLow's suggestion for a toggle option to print/not print the note's emphasized title, and hope that this could apply to both printed and emailed notes..

Looks like the title printing issue has been fixed. But now the body of the notes is not printing. I would be laughing right now but it's too sad. Who does the Q&A at Evernote???? Someone needs to take a really hard look at the Q&A process. I have attached an image of the newest problem in Evernote. (By the way, it is NOT isolated to one note, it effects all my notes.)

2016-09-29_15-11-55.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, StuS said:

Happy to start my own thread on this, but I just upgraded to 6.9 and freaked out when I re-opened.  Most of my notes are written with the apple pencil on an iPad Pro, and the new version drastically distorts them when viewing those notes on my Mac.  It's kind of a big deal.  The reason I include it here is because it is related to note printing.  When I go to print these same notes that are displaying as enlarged and skewed, to my horror it prints exactly as it displays in my Evernote window (as opposed to how I actually wrote or drew) when the note was created. 

Not cool to hijack someone else's discussion.  This discussion is a feature request

You'd be better to start your own discussion, or post in the 6.9 release at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/99540-evernote-for-mac-69-released/?do=findComment&comment=429064

You could also open a support ticket.    https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Happy to start my own thread on this, but I just upgraded to 6.9 and freaked out when I re-opened.  Most of my notes are written with the apple pencil on an iPad Pro, and the new version drastically distorts them when viewing those notes on my Mac.  It's kind of a big deal.  The reason I include it here is because it is related to note printing.  When I go to print these same notes that are displaying as enlarged and skewed, to my horror it prints exactly as it displays in my Evernote window (as opposed to how I actually wrote or drew) when the note was created.  Apologies if this I'm not adequately describing it.  I'm a newbie in the forum.  I've attached a screen capture of the problem below.  Whether in this thread or another - HELP ME Evernote Team!!!

desktop.tiff

Archived