Web Clipper 6.2 Showing Garbage Text

ppmartin

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Same Windows and Clipper as me,  and I use Firefox,  currently at v49.0,  but I had 48 until recently...  But no similar %experience% with the display.  Do the links still work OK?  If this is an appearance issue only,  there's a new clipper coming 'shortly' to Firefox*,  and of course you could still use another browser.  It may be that another add-on is conflicting with Clipper,  and if you need to fix it the next step would be to disable everything except Evernote's Clipper to see whether that fixes things (another uninstall/ reinstall of the clipper might be required too).  If Clipper proves to work without the other extensions,  you could add them back one by one until you find the one that causes the problem.

Meantime by all means contact support or submit a bug report (same link) and if anyone else has any suggestions... ?

* Remembering that Evernote,  with all due respect,  have no concept of the meaning of the term 'shortly' in the real world...;)

22 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Same Windows and Clipper as me,  and I use Firefox,  currently at v49.0,  but I had 48 until recently...  But no similar %experience% with the display.  Do the links still work OK?  If this is an appearance issue only,  there's a new clipper coming 'shortly' to Firefox*,  and of course you could still use another browser.  It may be that another add-on is conflicting with Clipper,  and if you need to fix it the next step would be to disable everything except Evernote's Clipper to see whether that fixes things (another uninstall/ reinstall of the clipper might be required too).  If Clipper proves to work without the other extensions,  you could add them back one by one until you find the one that causes the problem.

Meantime by all means contact support or submit a bug report (same link) and if anyone else has any suggestions... ?

* Remembering that Evernote,  with all due respect,  have no concept of the meaning of the term 'shortly' in the real world...;)

The links work, it is only an appearance issue. On my wife's PC, same PC specs, same OS, same browser etc., there are no "%" signs... but all the text comes up in French, even though we live in Hong Kong and all our machines are set to UK english. Go figure!

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Glad it fixed something - I just downgraded back to 6.2 because I really need my clips saved to the local database,  and that feature option is not,  apparently,  available from the new clipper.  And ironically I'm now showing all the percent signs %before% %and% %after% %words% as in your illustration!  :huh:

• Level 5*

Agreed that the clip is synced locally...eventually... but my scenario is this.  Some web pages don't clip very well.  I need just the article,  but a standard Clip will give me a two-column result,  with the article in one column and some random headlines or other content in the other.  To avoid that I can select most of the text in the article and clip.  Then,  when the after-clip dialogue pops up the note,  I can manually select and copy/ paste the title and header picture into my now clipped note.  That gives me the full content,  without any superfluous white space.

With  the new clipper I have to clip,  then sync,  then open my just-clipped note,  then copy/ paste from the original page.  It may not actually take much longer, but it feels like it takes ages.

There are other situations where I want to edit / comment or do something with a clipped note as soon as I have it,  and waiting for a sync - worse yet waiting for a sync after every clip I take is just dragging the process out...

Archived