Evernote doesn't share to all devices

KathyDavie

When I hit the refresh button on my iMac desktop, it does not load the new note into my 1st gen iPad. The new note does exist on the cloud, but I can't find anyway to force it to download to my iPad. I thought this was supposed to be automatic.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, KathyDavie said:

When I hit the refresh button on my iMac desktop, it does not load the new note into my 1st gen iPad. The new note does exist on the cloud, but I can't find anyway to force it to download to my iPad. I thought this was supposed to be automatic.

I also would also expect it to be automatic.

Be aware that there is no direct connection between the iMac and iPad
- The iMac uploads to the Evernote Servers
- The iPad downloads from the Evernote Servers

Your upload part is working fine, so the issue is with the iPad
There's a sync button on Evernote - you can press this to trigger a manual sync
There is also an activity log you can look at that might provide some feedback

IMG_1349.jpg       IMG_1350.jpg

I am aware that there is no direct connection between the iMac and iPad. That's why I went to the cloud Evernote site to verify the file was there and see if I could find a sync button on the cloud to get it to my iPad. As for a sync button on the iPad. There isn't one on the screen that shows up. When I clicked on the Evernote elephant logo, nothing happened.

I'm curious as to why I bothered to pay for three devices when I can't get three devices to upload/download.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, KathyDavie said:

As for a sync button on the iPad. There isn't one on the screen that shows up. When I clicked on the Evernote elephant logo, nothing happened.

So, you've isolated the problem to The Evernote app on your iPad.

I notice it's an older device - do you know the versions for IOS and Evernote

I don't usually spend much time troubleshooting problems on my iPad. 

First solution is to reboot your device

If that doesn't solve the problem, delete the app and reinstall

You might want to contact Evernote Support and open a ticket     Contact Evernote Support 

Archived