Why doesn't Evernote fix its perennial tag-not-syncing issue?

egalite

I started to rely heavily on tagging after seeing what good it could do. I had long refrained from tagging notes because I knew how unreliable syncing was when it came to tagging. I realized this 2-3 years ago. Now I'm back to tagging notes and see that the problem remains and hasn't been fixed. I see tens of tags not syncing in my account. Why does Evernote do nothing about it?? I don't even bother to ask customer support, because I know it won't solve any problems. Yet my curiosity remains. Why does Evernote not fix it? I'm a user from Korea. Is this particularly a regional issue? Then what is the Korea team doing about it? I've turned from an Evernote advocate to an advocate of not even starting Evernote because it's such a bug-laden elephant still. Why is Evernote complacent about its major bug with tagging? Can someone answer? I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining. I'm REALLY curious and I think I deserve an answer as a longtime premium member.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, egalite said:

I started to rely heavily on tagging after seeing what good it could do. I had long refrained from tagging notes because I knew how unreliable syncing was when it came to tagging. 

I had a tag syncing problem with a Mac beta release, but it was corrected. There were no other problems.

If you indicate your platform, others can better advise you of the tag syncing situation.

You're not dealing with EN Support, but they are the people you should be talking with.
This is the process to follow to get bugs resolved.

So far, I'm happy with the EN software, and haven't hit any issues I can't work around.

Just now, DTLow said:

I had a tag syncing problem with a Mac beta release, but it was corrected. There were no other problems.

You should indicate your platform and others can avise you better of the tag syncing situation.

You're not dealing with EN Support, but they are the people you should be talking with.
This is the process to follow to get bugs resolved.

So far, I'm happy with the EN software, and haven't hit any issues I can't work around.

thanks, it's the windows desktop version and I'm using the latest version of evernote.

• Level 5*

Windows 6.3.1.3370 (Prerelease) version here,  and no tagging issues that I've noticed.  I'd recommend raising the issue with Support even if you're willing (though unhappy) to live with it - if they don't know there's an issue,  there may be no-one working on this.

Archived