Shortcut to a note to remain even if the note location is changed

Ed S.

As a user, I use the shortcuts feature to track my active projects. Workflow is typically me creating a new note for whatever the project is and then dragging the note to the shortcut area. However, if I go and move the note to another notebook and apply tags, the shortcut is removed. I then have to go find the note and drag it back to the shortcut area. This behavior has actually caused me to forget to follow-up on some project tasks because, after doing some note clean-up, my shortcuts were removed from the list and I didn't notice. Since I rely on my shortcut list to remind me of my active projects, the missing project notes were overlooked.

My feature request is for shortcuts to refer to the note itself and for it's shortcut link to be unaffected by moving the note to another notebook or change of tags. The shortcut would persist even if the note location is changed.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On August 31, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Ed S. said:

My feature request is for shortcuts to refer to the note itself and for it's shortcut link to be unaffected by moving the note to another notebook or change of tags. The shortcut would persist even if the note location is changed.

I'm not experiencing this problem on Mac. 
The shortcut remains regardless of notebook/tag assignment

Ok folks... I just update to the latest version of Evernote and it seems to be working now. The only thing I can think of is that I have been running the Mac Sierra beta since it was first released months ago and it was something related to that since it seems to be just me. Maybe something wasn't playing right between the beta and the older version? I just figured that was how it was designed and thus the feature request :)

Regardless...thank you all for taking the time to check it out for me. I am just happy it is working for me now because I rely on shortcuts so heavily!!

Ed

PS: Should I delete this feature request?

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Ed S. said:

PS: Should I delete this feature request?

Naw, it's fine as is. It was a quick & easy test to make; something like that is no problem, for me or lots of other Evernote forum-goers. Glad it's worked out for you without needing to go through customer support.

Archived