comparing "Conflicting Changes" window

TM_everN

Idea

"Conflicting Changes" are piling up because I don't have the time to go thru them, especially while on my phone.  I can't find the differences.  When going into and out of wi-fi or cell coverage and USING my evernote, there can be overlapping changes, and I don't know which is current because I can't SEE the old and the new.

This causes me to NOT make entries in Evernote, for fear of adding ANOTHER conflict, that must then be perused.  And I have too many already (needing examination).

There needs to be a screen where I can evaluate the conflicts.  It could be a window that simply shows the two files side-by-side where I can choose one.  Maybe in later incarnations, a smarter window that highlights the differences.  In some cases I have to decide between 3 changes.

And this window needs a "delete this conflict" BUTTON.

4 replies to this idea

Hi Lars, I would like the app to highlight the differences and allow an option to choose the correct version.  A computer should manage this problem for the human.

See this discussion linked below.  Can't compare on the phone but on your desktop you can open "two windows" (or more) and compare side-by-side in a manual way.  Almost like back in the '80s printing both versions on paper. ;)

• Level 5*
On 2016-08-31 at 9:37 AM, TM_everN said:

"Conflicting Changes" are piling up because I don't have the time to go thru them, especially while on my phone.  I can't find the differences.  When going into and out of wi-fi or cell coverage and USING my evernote, there can be overlapping changes, and I don't know which is current because I can't SEE the old and the new.

This causes me to NOT make entries in Evernote, for fear of adding ANOTHER conflict, that must then be perused.  And I have too many already (needing examination).

There needs to be a screen where I can evaluate the conflicts.  It could be a window that simply shows the two files side-by-side where I can choose one.  Maybe in later incarnations, a smarter window that highlights the differences.  In some cases I have to decide between 3 changes.

And this window needs a "delete this conflict" BUTTON.

19 hours ago, Lars Greegrsen said:

Conflicting notes is a pain. And the longer the note bigger the pain.

Notes with conflicts should be clearly marked (in all interfaces) at the top.

As yes, having a way to find differences and be able to merge the conflicts would be really nice.

21 minutes ago, TM_everN said:

Hi Lars, I would like the app to highlight the differences and allow an option to choose the correct version.  A computer should manage this problem for the human.

See this discussion linked below.  Can't compare on the phone but on your desktop you can open "two windows" (or more) and compare side-by-side in a manual way.  Almost like back in the '80s printing both versions on paper. ;)

fwiw     I use this website to identify the differences   https://www.diffchecker.com/

Archived