Request: Sleep/Snooze option for Reminders

A van Rossem

Idea

Hi There,

I have Evernote installed on my android phone. I can add easily reminders to evernote with a date and tie. Thats working great. BUT: when a reminder occurs, i want to slumber this for e period of time (for example 5 minutes). Right now the only thing to do to change the reminder time is to open the reminder, and set a new time. The android-reminder app has this slumber- feature, but i am wondering if evernote can do this also?

Is it possible to set a reminder recurring by default? (for example remind at the date/time specified, and 3 times after that with for example 10 minutes in between)?

other question: I want to change the sound of an evernote reminder. is that possible also (it's now the default reminder sound, i want to change that)

Thanks,

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, A van Rossem said:

I have Evernote installed on my android phone. I can add easily reminders to evernote with a date and tie. Thats working great. BUT: when a reminder occurs, i want to slumber this for e period of time (for example 5 minutes). Right now the only thing to do to change the reminder time is to open the reminder, and set a new time. The android-reminder app has this slumber- feature, but i am wondering if evernote can do this also?

Is it possible to set a reminder recurring by default? (for example remind at the date/time specified, and 3 times after that with for example 10 minutes in between)?

other question: I want to change the sound of an evernote reminder. is that possible also (it's now the default reminder sound, i want to change that

afaik  You have none of these options with the EN Reminder feature

fwiw   I use Cronofy Calendar Connector to sync my reminders to my calendar.  This gives me additional options

• Level 5

+1 on Cronofy. It creates a Google Calendar event, to which you can then add an alarm that you can snooze like any calendar notification. It does require that you give Cronofy access to both Evernote and your Google Calendar; and of course the note-events show up in your calendar, which may or may not be desirable. Of course also, it would be possible to create a Google Calendar specifically to hold Evernote notifications and nothing more, which you could keep private.

Also take a look at (and possibly vote up) the suggestion here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/97665-recurring-repeating-alarm/. This is definitely a desirable feature to have within Evernote itself.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Matt W. said:

I will be moving this over to the feedback section so that others can vote to have these options put into Evernote.

Matt - I see this as not just an Android feature; perhaps the new platform wide feedback Evernote Feature Requests forum would be more appropriate

Well, i installed this connector. everything seems to work fine (using EN en Google-Calendar) but there is one problem.

When I create an appointment in my (synced) google calendar, it doesn't show up in my EN on my Android phone.

The other way (reminder in EN to google) it's working. When I change this reminder in google chrome, i do see this also in my Android EN.

So: how it can be that NEW reminders created in google-calendar, does not show up in EN?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, A van Rossem said:

So: how it can be that NEW reminders created in google-calendar, does not show up in EN?

It is what it is - creating calendar entries does not result in creating an EN reminder

The reminders have to be created in Evernote

Archived