Scanned business cards to iPhone Dialing

DanLL

I was all set to start scanning business cards via Evernote. Made sure all my settings were correct and then came to a realization it wasn't going to work or at least it appears that it won't work. I currently use an HP notebook running Windows 10. I use Outlook for email but my contacts are on my iPhone 6 backed up to iCloud. I like this because if I look up a contact and want to telephone them all I have to do is touch the number or the address if I want to use the GPS. The problem is that I can scan my cards using the Evernote camera and have them logged to my Outlook contact but I don't use Outlook for contacts so what I scanned wouldn't be in a usable location. If I don't scan to contacts and leave the cards in Evernote I gain the tagging ability but lose the dialing and GPS features I currently enjoy with iCloud and iPhone.

Am I doing everything right or am I overlooking something that would let everything mesh in peace and tranquility? Perhaps there's a box I need to check or uncheck somewhere. Is anyone else experiencing the same delima or better yet, has anyone found a solution to the delima. I would sure appreciate the help if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Dan Light

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you scanning with your iPhone?  Have you tried Scannable?  AFAIK you should be able to save contacts to your iPhone contacts directly,  and provided you are logged into the same account,  the business-card note will be available on both tablet and phone...

Archived