HEH

Make Moleskine Text Extractable & Digital (OCR)

Idea

Please find a way to make all text in Moleskine notebooks extractable & importable into other uses/applications (like calendars & To Do Lists). At present, it's supposedly "searchable." However, the search never works for me. This was the whole reason I got the Moleskines & Evernote PremiumAs I understand it, it's supposed to only be searchable, and it simply inserts images as a jpg (rather than doing anything with the text.)

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

On 2016-08-30 at 0:19 PM, HEH said:

Please find a way to make all text in Moleskine notebooks extractable & importable into other uses/applications (like calendars & To Do Lists). At present, it's supposedly "searchable." However, the search never works for me. This was the whole reason I got the Moleskines & Evernote PremiumAs I understand it, it's supposed to only be searchable, and it simply inserts images as a jpg (rather than doing anything with the text.)

Agree. The number one feature request I desire is the search, highlight, copy and paste of my moleskine captured noted.

14 hours ago, macneilpi said:

Agree. The number one feature request I desire is the search, highlight, copy and paste of my moleskine captured noted.

Note, you can indicate your support for a request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.

As I posted in your new duplicate request, you only option currently is to use a third party to OCR your document. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I completely agree: digitalized text from Moleskine Smart Pen was the only reason for me to sign up for Evernote Premium. Even bad OCR results are much better than no OCR result. This would allow you to edit the text once and use the corrected results further on, instead of never have the possibility to search/edit wrongly identified text. This means that I'd opt as a beta tester for such a feature.

Best,

Michael