Shared Tags

elmar@domensino.net

We are small group of evernote users. We share notes. We want to pass on work to each other. The idea is using tags. Tag all users that need to look at the note, because they have to do something.

Example: John creates a note and shares it with Jim and Bob. he tags Jim because he has to do something. Jim has done his job and he untags himself, he wants to tag Bob now, because Bob needs to do something. Very simple i think. However....we have the following problem. Only the owner (John in this case) can tag the note. Jim and Bob cannot add tags to the note.... Is this the case always in any version, only for the basic version or are we doing something wrong? We are very happy to pay for evernote, but only if we can work in the way I described. If not, evernote is not the program we are looking for... I can not find any clear answer in the forum. Maybe someone can help me with this? Really appreciate it

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, elmar@domensino.net said:

However....we have the following problem. Only the owner (John in this case) can tag the note. Jim and Bob cannot add tags to the note...

Are you using a shared notebook

My understanding is that everyone can have access to add tags to notes.
No new tags; only existing tags
So the owner has to make sure the tags exist in at least one note.  
Perhaps use the first note with some generic info on the notebook and add all the tags

• Level 5*

I agree with @DTLow - if you have existing tags Jim and Bob,  then anyone with whom the account is shared (with editing priviledges) can tag a note with either or both.  To tag a note 'Sam' - email the account owner to add this tag.  Once added,  that will also be available.

Hello Elmar.

the best way of realizing a seamless collaboration among teams of 3 or bigger is to use Evernote Business. 

I would like to help you and your team to implement a workflow that suits your needs. 

The workflow you described can also be automated, so that you guys do not have to think about adding or delete ring tags at all. The system we work with for this is called http://Filterize.net our consultancy SimProCon also provides templates that make working together even more frictionless. 

You can contact me via email to info@simprocon.com or Work Chat e.nahler@me.com

Cheers

Enrico

Archived