Creates linked notes from checklist items

bstroomer

Idea

When working on a project, I like to quickly create a checklist of things to do.
It would be great if I could then automatically create separate linked notes for each of the checklist items, to work on them in detail.
These linked notes should also link back to the 'parent' note.
It would be even greater if the 'status' of the note is synchronised. For example, if I move one of the notes to trash, the checklist item in the parent ticket is automatically checked.

I guess it's similar to the 'create table of content note', but the other way around.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, bstroomer said:

When working on a project, I like to quickly create a checklist of things to do.
It would be great if I could then automatically create separate linked notes for each of the checklist items, to work on them in detail.
These linked notes should also link back to the 'parent' note.
It would be even greater if the 'status' of the note is synchronised. For example, if I move one of the notes to trash, the checklist item in the parent ticket is automatically checked.

I guess it's similar to the 'create table of content note', but the other way around.

I upvoted, but i'm not sure if we will ever see this in Evernote - its more specific to a task management function
I prefer my task items as separate notes for listing and scheduling etc

Since we're using Macs, we could implement this function using Applescript
You might be interested in the discussion below for ideas on parsing your checklist to create individual notes

• Level 5*

...and you could use the Table of Contents feature to group your individual notes back together,  and the checkbox function in the ToC note to convert the listing there.  Which would be editable by the way - cross off an item,  or just have a divider down the page to move completed items into.

Archived