Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×

Idea

I NEED THIS FEATURE ! As a UIUX Designer , I agree that this should be implemented in Evernote. There are a lot of types of users who are using this app with specific purpose. Important to make this feature to those user who wants to lock sensitive notes. In mobile, the tap area is wider to make it "Accidentally" press the content to edit. For user who did not notice this "accidental" behavior , they might change / edit / or even remove and accidentally update the content. For PRO users , they can revert back the history. But not for Normal User , which will affects emotions and frustration , finally quit and uninstall the app. This feature is truly needed for EVERY USERS. 

For better solutions :

Make an option for user to enable this READ-ONLY/LOCK NOTE in each note setting or notebook setting. This should be set manually by user themselves.

read only or even revision history. I understand revision history is a big ask though.

13 minutes ago, eric99 said:

What good are these backups if  you don't know which notes have been  altered accidentally?

Good question.  Though, typically I don't know something has happened until I access the note and realize something is wrong, or I can't find the note (one I'm sure I created).  Doesn't happen often, but at that point History does the trick mostly, but the backups support the oops delete.  Local notebooks I have to use my own ENEX backups for both altered and deleted.

53 minutes ago, eric99 said:

What good are these backups if  you don't know which notes have been  altered accidentally?

The backups provide for recovery when I know a note has been altered/deleted accidentally.

As to the unknown; I have no detection process in place.  
But when a problem is discovered, I'm able to recover.  
In most cases, it's not a serious problem until I need to access the note.

I would also like to second the idea of some sort of locking mechanism for the notes. I have been using evernotes for almost a decade, and this feature is very much needed.

On 9/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

You may have noticed that all threads requesting the ability to lock notes and make them read only have been merged into this thread, regardless of platform specificity. 

This was done in order to better enable us to quantify and qualify user requests, and amplify their voice.

While this does not mean this is a feature that will be coming, we certainly want to relay user feedback/sentiment to our various teams.

Moving forward, please put all commentary and votes for the ability to lock notes and make them read only support here!

+1

A must-have!  Can't believe this essential feature hasn't been implemented, after 2.5 years since the original request