• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
gbarry

Introducing the new feature requests area

Idea

Welcome to the new feature requests forum for Evernote. This is a space for all Evernote service wide requests: ideas that are not platform specific (so not explicitly about iOS, Windows, etc), ideas that are big (sharing, structure, to do), ideas that are super specific. We'll be spending the next few weeks ensuring that some of the best ideas that've been discussed in our forums over the years are moved from our General Discussions forum and into this new area. Unlike our product specific feedback areas, upvoted topics will be automatically stacked by number of votes.

As a reminder, if you have a specific piece of product feedback related to a platform (a request or UI tweak that is only related to Evernote Mac for example), please vote or post in the appropriate product feedback area: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/126-evernote/

• Like 9

165 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, ChrisSpa said:

I am using my evernote for both, private and business and would love to have a #privacy tag or similar so that I can tag notes which excluded from all searches by default. While I can put them in a specific notebook, searches bring them up with is not good when you have people working with you on ideas on one screen. 

It would be better to post as a new request instead of tacking on to an existing discussion

Evernote's features are generic, but allow for you to create a "privacy" tag

To exclude from searches, there is no default setting;   you'd have to include    -tag:privacy

5 hours ago, ChrisSpa said:

Hi community

I am using my evernote for both, private and business and would love to have a #privacy tag or similar so that I can tag notes which excluded from all searches by default. While I can put them in a specific notebook, searches bring them up with is not good when you have people working with you on ideas on one screen. 

Best regards, Chris

You could create private and business stacks and do your searches on the appropriate stack.

Is there any way to save a web page as a bookmark on a mobile device in the same way you can do that on the computers web clipper. I’ve tried to save multiple pages and they come out super small and unreadable. I wasn’t sure if I was missing it and there was actually a way to save the webpage in all the different forms (bookmark, article, web page) as in the computers web clipper. That would be an amazing update if there isn’t already a way. I spend more time saving stuff on my mobile then my laptop. Thanks for the help.

Please improve the PDF annotation tool.  Skitch is really not a great product for the iPad. While some of the features (like the stamps and the annotation summary) are nifty, the handwritten notes are unusable. There is no good reason for this deficiency to continue. 

Why not use a third party app for annotation? Because I really like the evernote ecosystem.

Please improve handwritten notes in iOS.

Please improve the written notes feature so that the experience is more like Noteshelf (which links to evernote) or penultimate used to be. Specifically, I would like to see: 
More templates (or at least lined paper instead of the dots) 
Better writing experience 
More pen/pencil options 

Why not just use Noteshelf or similar? Because the point of using evernote is to have the entire ecosystem. Using a third party note taking app is a work around, and doesn't really play well with the rest of evernote. 

It's so close to perfect, please take the final steps to make it so.

9 minutes ago, someoneinmichigan said:

Please improve the PDF annotation tool.

8 minutes ago, someoneinmichigan said:

Please bring back suggested note titles (from the calendar) for iOS

6 minutes ago, someoneinmichigan said:

Please improve handwritten notes in iOS.

You're currently tacking on a discussion for the new request forum

It would be more productive if you post a new discussion for each request

There are Feedback forums for each platform, and the Feature Request Forum for cross-platform requests 

I am looking for dark theme. i have tons of floaters in my eyes and i am finding it hard to read / write on white background. can you please implement dark theme. this has been definitely a huge boon for me with other applications. this is not a cosmetic request but a sincere accessbility issue for folks such as me with tons of floaters in their eyes.

23 hours ago, SriRam said:

I am looking for dark theme. i have tons of floaters in my eyes and i am finding it hard to read / write on white background. can you please implement dark theme. this has been definitely a huge boon for me with other applications. this is not a cosmetic request but a sincere accessbility issue for folks such as me with tons of floaters in their eyes.

You're tacking on to a discussion for the new feature request forum
You might want to go to a request discussion for this feature (link posted below), and add your vote with the buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

I used to have a problem with floaters, but they don't bother me now
I just got back from an eye examination.  The doctor said the floaters are still there; my brain just ignores them
One thing that may work for you is to work in a table where you can adjust the colours, background and text

Posting on behalf of another user ;

I do often use the square symbol as to do list, is there the possibility to define a timing to complete each single activities so that in case a pop up or a reminder will apprear ?

Can we have this feature please. 

1 hour ago, Aisha_Aslam said:

I do often use the square symbol as to do list, is there the possibility to define a timing to complete each single activities so that in case a pop up or a reminder will apprear ?

Currently reminders are only available at the Note level; there is no facility for reminders at the checkbox level

My solution is to specify each task as a separate note.  This has various benefits, including a reminder for each task

You might want to add your vote to the request linked below.  Voting buttons are  in the top left corner of the discussion

12 hours ago, Aisha_Aslam said:

Posting on behalf of another user ;

Hey, @Aisha_Aslam! Happy New Year! I'm not sure if you recommended this to the user, but TaskClone does this in conjunction with many task management software. I know it requires having something in addition to Evernote, but it works wonders.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

Hey, @Aisha_Aslam! Happy New Year! I'm not sure if you recommended this to the user, but TaskClone does this in conjunction with many task management software. I know it requires having something in addition to Evernote, but it works wonders.

Instead of "task management software", I"m thinking TaskClone could feed (email) the task back to Evernote as a note with reminder

This works well for me; I want my tasks as separate notes
As per the request. each task as an individual reminder date
I can produce different views of my tasks; Current Tasks; Task by Project; Outstanding Tasks...

19 hours ago, DTLow said:

Instead of "task management software", I"m thinking TaskClone could feed (email) the task back to Evernote as a note with reminder

Great idea, @DTLow. Redundant but practical, if the user wishes to stay in Evernote for keeping their task management within the same ecosystem.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:00 AM, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

Hi @ray Happy New Year to you too. Good to hear from you as I don't see you much on Directly anymore.  Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind. I posted it here on a user's request who wanted this feature as a native feature to Evernote. Thanks again. =) 

• Thanks 1