gbarry

Introducing the new feature requests area

Idea

Welcome to the new feature requests forum for Evernote. This is a space for all Evernote service wide requests: ideas that are not platform specific (so not explicitly about iOS, Windows, etc), ideas that are big (sharing, structure, to do), ideas that are super specific. We'll be spending the next few weeks ensuring that some of the best ideas that've been discussed in our forums over the years are moved from our General Discussions forum and into this new area. Unlike our product specific feedback areas, upvoted topics will be automatically stacked by number of votes.

As a reminder, if you have a specific piece of product feedback related to a platform (a request or UI tweak that is only related to Evernote Mac for example), please vote or post in the appropriate product feedback area: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/126-evernote/

• Like 9

Hi,

Can I request the return of the Atlas search feature in Evernote for Mac?

Being someone who travels around for business it has been a HUGE disappointment to lose this feature which I previously found so useful for locating notes made in different locations.

I've tried using the more cumbersome latitude and longitude searches but these simply do not bring up all the notes made in these locations and it is a great hassle to have to try to find the coordinates of a location first anyway.

You already had the feature working really well so why downgrade the service - especially without actually telling us that is what you were doing?

Thank you.

Paul Branston

• Like 1

PLEASE let users choose how we view our notebooks on a computer screen. The single column view you make us use now is inefficient. Give us the option to have a multi column view...like you used to give us.

• Like 1

I hope this new system sheds light on the fact that the number 1 feature that Evernote users are asking for is a dark theme. With 48 votes to date, I hope this issue gets some attention considering users have been asking for 3 years with very little response or acknowledgment. It is my hope that this gives evernote an opportunity to hear what is truly important to its users. Out of curiosity, is there a specific criteria, or number of votes that a feature will require before being considered? What type of response can we expect when suggesting a new feature? Is there a specific time frame in which items will be reviewed for consideration? All in all I am really excited about this feature and the direction in which the company is going. This is by far the most valuable piece of software that I have ever used. Many thanks to the Evernote Team! You guys rock!

• Like 3

Display Notes In A Calendar View

Hello - I'm looking for a way to view notes by monthly calendar. I simply want to click a button that says "calendar view" or something, and then it opens up a calendar view that shows notes created for each day, instead of events like a traditional calendar. You can then click the day of the month and view all the notes that were added/created that day. Then click each individual note to view it

Are you guys planning to implement this feature? This is a MUST HAVE!!!!!!  THANKS!

Please improve handwritten notes in iOS.

Please improve the written notes feature so that the experience is more like Noteshelf (which links to evernote) or penultimate used to be. Specifically, I would like to see: 
More templates (or at least lined paper instead of the dots) 
Better writing experience 
More pen/pencil options 

Why not just use Noteshelf or similar? Because the point of using evernote is to have the entire ecosystem. Using a third party note taking app is a work around, and doesn't really play well with the rest of evernote. 

It's so close to perfect, please take the final steps to make it so.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2016 at 1:19 PM, E-NoteForum said:

This is a good idea, but stacking by number of votes is frustrating because new ideas are posted dead last on the last page of the forum.

So if someone comes here to browse ideas, they will never see anything new; this just creates a positive feedback loop, especially when there are popular ideas that aren't implemented and thus clog the top of the forum while pushing new ideas to the very bottom.

Hey @E-NoteForum,

That's definitely great feedback. Since the General Discussions feedback section is new, we can do a better job of ensuring duplicate posts get combined, rather than having 13 different posts for the same thing. Ideally, before posting, the user would do a quick search for a similar topic and simply up-vote the existing post.

• Like 1

Great idea!

A note to the forum users: please don't pollute the topics with simple '+1' posts. You can now up-vote the request.

On 2017-09-07 at 8:06 PM, RAVtech said:

I use Evernote for both my job and my personal life (which includes another job). Is there a way for me to have access to 2 accounts within the app at once? If not, that is what I need. :-D

Using the Shared Notebook feature, you have access to the notebooks in both accounts

On 2016-11-07 at 3:14 AM, Sara Simon said:

Please...a UK English dictionary on Evernote Web!

7 minutes ago, CreativeB said:

A new suggestion in relation to using a PEN and HANDWRITING on WINDOWS 10 devices:

You might post your suggestions as separate topics in this forum.  

This will allow for discussion, and for users to vote

• Like 1

I use Evernote with a Getting Things Done workflow, and I love it; however, I would love it if I could create notes as children from a parent.  For example, I currently have a notebook for Work Projects.  Each note in Work Projects is a separate project.  I have another notebook, Actions, where I put the "next actions" for each of these projects, but there is no link between these actions and the projects for which they were created.  While it's possible to use Tags for this, I find that to be cumbersome, so I end up not using them.

While I am in a Note, I would like to be able to create a new Note in a different notebook as a child of the current note. From this note, then I would like to be able to see all the child notes created.  From the child note, I would like to easily navigate to the parent note.  I think this feature (or something similar) would be very helpful for the GTD fans of Evernote.

I was unable to look for my query in the current thread only, so apologies if this has already appeared here.

My request is for Adonit Pixel compatibility in Evernote PenUltimate. The currently supported Adonit stylus is no longer on the list of Adonit styli - it is outdated and replaced by oth BlueTooth ones, so Evernote is well behind here.

I really like Pixel and it would be a shame to have to move to a different app after so many years of being a loyal Evernote user. I may be old fashioned here with my brand loyalty, of course.

On 2017-08-14 at 7:48 AM, StanL said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this.....with the new version I can's see a list of notebooks...is there a way to do this or was that eliminated in this version?   Really difficult to navigate without that list....

No, this is not the right place for your posting

There are help forums set up for each platform, for example https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/219-mac-help/

So the first thing you should do is identify your platform/device and post in the appropriate forum
Each platform/device is different and you will get better answers to your question

Hello Evernote! 
There are a couple of features that I'd like to see added and/or changed with the current Evernote desktop app.

1. I would love to see a feature in which stacks can be minimized . As a student, I use Evernote for making notes in courses. I use stacks to collect notebooks for that subject, where each notebook represents an individual topic in the course. However, once a course is finished, I want to keep my notes without seeing all notebooks for that course. The stack itself would be enough.

2.I usually experience that the selections made in a app, such as marking a text selection to for example make it bold, sometimes the selections remain in a weird way. This can be solved using Ctrl+Space, but this places the cursor at the top of the note. Better would be if it remained where I was in the note.

3. I'd love to see superscript and subscript options opened in the writing toolbar. I know that there are quick commands for enabling super- and subscript, but still. 

4. When I take notes, I usually want to note code. The feature in the Evernote app is really good and thanks for that. But, when I paste code of a different format to add to the current code-style thing, the code-format isn't applied to the pasted "code", regardless of what the pasted stuff is. Monaco font isn't applied. Please, fix this! It would be much appreciated.

This is the minimize stack things. 

599ffff0b8553_Hidestack.PNG.0aa4564221ff23a4c2ef2036f75de750.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Code-pasting issue

59a0011a8cab7_Pastetocode.PNG.b826f27a3d3f31504fccf29f60c1ecac.PNG

Cheers!

On 8/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, Robert_L said:

1. I would love to see a feature in which stacks can be minimized . As a student, I use Evernote for making notes in courses. I use stacks to collect notebooks for that subject, where each notebook represents an individual topic in the course. However, once a course is finished, I want to keep my notes without seeing all notebooks for that course. The stack itself would be enough.

3. I'd love to see superscript and subscript options opened in the writing toolbar. I know that there are quick commands for enabling super- and subscript, but still. 

This is the minimize stack things. 

599ffff0b8553_Hidestack.PNG.0aa4564221ff23a4c2ef2036f75de750.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Code-pasting issue

59a0011a8cab7_Pastetocode.PNG.b826f27a3d3f31504fccf29f60c1ecac.PNG

Cheers!

1. stack could be minimized if you show left panel.

3. Right click -> Style -> Choose Superscript / Subscript   

Bring back Atlas or some way to utilize the geo-data associated with our notes. Being able to search notes by location is invaluable to multiple industries (construction, real estate, insurance, architecture, marketing/retail, college students, etc). So this isn't really a "new" idea as much as it is a plea to restore an established idea. 

Idea of inserting words from a different language while making notes in English...Many words do not allow proper 

representation - phonetically - except in that particular language Say INDIAN LANGUAGES - Hindi, Tamil Telegu Kannada Bengali etc to be inserted while making notes in English ( which is set as Langauage of preference).

Thank you! So pleased to see you all so invested in hearing what users have to say, and considering our requests! :)

• Like 1

This is a good idea, but stacking by number of votes is frustrating because new ideas are posted dead last on the last page of the forum.

So if someone comes here to browse ideas, they will never see anything new; this just creates a positive feedback loop, especially when there are popular ideas that aren't implemented and thus clog the top of the forum while pushing new ideas to the very bottom.

• Like 3

Yep, I've become aware of that glitch myself lately. We can set the sorting rules ourselves (and hopefully they'll "stick" as our own defaults), but I'd suggest a default sort by "recently updated" like the other forums. Anyone interested in vote counts can easily switch sorting temporarily (or permanently if that's possible); meanwhile, other folks can just see what new easily.

On 8/31/2016 at 11:49 PM, E-NoteForum said:

@E-NoteForum, yes, you are right. I realised this just now after posting an idea in this forum. Unless one changes the sort or does a search or other user(s) reply or up vote the idea, one will most likely not come across the new ideas.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:08 AM, jefito said:

Yep, I've become aware of that glitch myself lately. We can set the sorting rules ourselves (and hopefully they'll "stick" as our own defaults), but I'd suggest a default sort by "recently updated" like the other forums. Anyone interested in vote counts can easily switch sorting temporarily (or permanently if that's possible); meanwhile, other folks can just see what new easily.

@jefito, yes, one can switch the sorting temporarily but permanently is not possible.

15 hours ago, amanda_h said:

Since the General Discussions feedback section is new, we can do a better job of ensuring duplicate posts get combined, rather than having 13 different posts for the same thing.

@amanda_h, completely agree but please keep sort by 'recently updated' as the default sort option.

Additionally, I would also like to have the number of views listed next to the idea like in the other forums. I wonder why this 'views' addition is selectively listed for Evernote forums - I think its listed only for the 'Help' forums but in my opinion, if it is added, it should be present in all the forums or else it simply should not appear. Strange that it must appear only in certain forums.

Edited by ChiragC
Tagging the people who I replied to

Hi Evernote Team!

I have and idea! 

I really want to see the thumbnails for the links from youtube and vimeo

I really need to see the thumbnail of the video when I pasting youtube/vimeo links to the Evernote. For example I have 20 different links from youtube and all of them just a blue text in my note) It's really hard to search between all of them. It will be great if u can add automatically thumbnail for the links from youtube and vimeo .

But please, no need to create button, like add youtube or vimeo link! It will be perfect if it can recognize links and add automatically thumbnail for them or maybe before the link user can add symbol like "@" and it will understand that it is video link. I think u know better how to make it very user friendly for all devices. Kindly find in attachment some example that I made 

I hope to see that new feature in Evernote. It will help me in my work.

Thank you in advance!

Example.png

• Like 4

Please...a UK English dictionary on Evernote Web! Why does English mean US English? I have to use the Web version on work computers and get so many 'spelling mistakes' that aren't. It's difficult to spot those that are genuine mistakes. My apps (PC & Android) both have UK English...why not the Web version?

• Like 1

A new suggestion in relation to using a PEN and HANDWRITING on WINDOWS 10 devices:

Could we please have the option of clicking on a 'pen' for handwriting in Evernote Desktop and Evernote Web?  I refer to Android App, whereby we can use a pen to handwrite in Evernote, merely by clicking on the pen button.  I'd love it if that is a standard options in Desktop and Web, seeing most people are moving towards mobile and touch screen devices with Windows 10 and a pen. 

Many thanks for considering this.

:)

• Like 1

I'm a student at Queens College and we are forced to use antiquated software to get our assignments, it's called Blackboard. Someone from Evernote or Dropbox or ANYONE else needs to pursue software for college campuses. It's certainly enough of a large market to consider. It's probably sufficient to handle communications between professors and students NOW. It needs tweeking but the NEED is there. It's really just a suggestion but I don't know why you can't have an academic premium service if you have one for businesses.

1 minute ago, ihavegills said:

I'm a student at Queens College and we are forced to use antiquated software to get our assignments, it's called Blackboard. Someone from Evernote or Dropbox or ANYONE else needs to pursue software for college campuses. It's certainly enough of a large market to consider. It's probably sufficient to handle communications between professors and students NOW. It needs tweeking but the NEED is there. It's really just a suggestion but I don't know why you can't have an academic premium service if you have one for businesses.

You're posting in a discussion introducing the new feedback forum. It would be better to start a new discussion.

In regards to your suggestion, I agree there is a market, however can this be monetized.  I'm thinking students are more likely to be taking advantage of the free account tier.

If I was a student, I'd continue to use the existing school software for communications, and use Evernote for my filing.

If I wanted one feature what would it be? That on the web clipper a few default notebooks or tags appear under Organise that I can click on so the clip is then sent to the selected destination. I am so fed up with having to type my tags or notebooks to get it to send clips  there.

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, robo33 said:

If I wanted one feature what would it be? That on the web clipper a few default notebooks or tags appear under Organise that I can click on so the clip is then sent to the selected destination. I am so fed up with having to type my tags or notebooks to get it to send clips  there.

Please do not post feature requests in this thread. Post them in a new thread in this subforum (if no topic already covers the feature you want; otherwise, just vote it up), so that votes can be counted for your feature.

Smiley support in the text editor in the windows version. 

It already supports smiley in the web version, and they show in the snippet view and windows toolbar.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, esoares said:

Smiley support in the text editor in the windows version. 

It already supports smiley in the web version, and they show in the snippet view and windows toolbar.

2 hours ago, jefito said:

Please do not post feature requests in this thread. Post them in a new thread in this subforum (if no topic already covers the feature you want; otherwise, just vote it up), so that votes can be counted for your feature.

Or for client specific issues, please post feature requests in the Product Feedback forum of the appropriate Evernote client.

Great to get feedback and to hear something already exists that does allows default of a few commonly used notebooks/tags in web clipper. However, I have no idea what smiley is or where it is. I do not use Web evernote, only desktop. Is it on the desktop, where? 

Auto-formatting/auto-resizing of photos when converting a note to PDF

Currently, when I convert/save a note to PDF which contains a photo--a photo that, most times, is taken with an iPhone 6 or 7 and attached to a note using the Evernote iPhone app--the photo will be distorted/broken up in the resulting PDF, meaning that the photo will appear in several separate portions. The result is a three page PDF with the photo split up into three portions.

Is there any way to prevent the photo(s) from being split up into separate portions?  I typically convert a week's worth of notes at a time for archival purposes and having the photos automatically resize to fit on a PDF page would be a huge help.

There's a way to do this manually by resizing the photo on the Evernote desktop program, but this can be labor intensive since I sometimes generate several dozen notes per day, many of them with images.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, mookien said:

Auto-formatting/auto-resizing of photos when converting a note to PDF

Currently, when I convert/save a note to PDF which contains a photo--a photo that, most times, is taken with an iPhone 6 or 7 and attached to a note using the Evernote iPhone app--the photo will be distorted/broken up in the resulting PDF, meaning that the photo will appear in several separate portions. The result is a three page PDF with the photo split up into three portions.

You realize you're posting in the Feature Requests Forum, and you tacked onto a discussion Introducing The New ...

Not Cool

What method are you using to convert/save a note to PDF. I do this on my Mac and I don't have this problem with photos

Yes.  Was asked to post on this forum by a verified Evernote expert.  Used the link provided.  Feature used to work, now it doesn't.  File > Print > Adobe PDF.  Cool enough?  If you don't want this post here, have it removed or direct me to the proper location....guru. 

42 minutes ago, mookien said:

Yes.  Was asked to post on this forum by a verified Evernote expert.  Used the link provided.  Feature used to work, now it doesn't.  File > Print > Adobe PDF.  Cool enough?  If you don't want this post here, have it removed or direct me to the proper location....guru. 

Not to argue with a verified Evernote expert, but I would have posted in the Discussion Forum (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/53-evernote-general-discussions/)
and started a new topic. There are also platform specific forums

>>Feature used to work, now it doesn't.  File > Print > Adobe PDF

I tried print-to-pdf on my Mac and got 4 pages; no pictures were distorted or broken; mostly one page per picture and 2 pictures on the last page
You didn't identify the device you were printing from - that might be a factor.
The pdf functionality is built into the Mac OS

Evernote Premium; Evernote desktop version 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public; Windows 10 Home, version 1607, OS build 14393.447.  Also submitted a post re: an alternative means of converting to PDF, here.  Is Auto-formatting/auto-resizing of photos attached to a note currently a feature in Evernote?  I don't see that anywhere in settings on desktop, browser, or my mobile app.

10 minutes ago, mookien said:

Evernote Premium; Evernote desktop version 6.4.2.3788 (303788) Public; Windows 10 Home, version 1607, OS build 14393.447.  Also submitted a post re: an alternative means of converting to PDF, here.  Is Auto-formatting/auto-resizing of photos attached to a note currently a feature in Evernote?  I don't see that anywhere in settings on desktop, browser, or my mobile app.

Sorry, My experience is with Macs, so I'm dropping out of the discussion.  Hopefully a Windows user will respond.

You could also open a support ticket at Contact Evernote Support 

First, support for larger fonts on mobile. At the very least, support for the built in OS font sizing in both iOS and Android

Second, the ability to move lines of text inside a note up or down. Many text editors now have this ability - for instance, iA Writer on Mac, iOS and Android allows you to move lines using the keyboard. This would be especially useful for lines with checkboxes.

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Not to argue with a verified Evernote expert, but I would have posted in the Discussion Forum (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/53-evernote-general-discussions/)
and started a new topic. There are also platform specific forums

This appears to be a platform specific issue, so the Windows Product Feedback forum would be the best place to post. As it is, this poster already reported the same issue in the Windows Help forum (the post is here), which is good enough. I see nobody replying, so am wondering whether the "verified Evernote expert" communicated via PM. *shrug* Regardless, @mookien, there's no need to post the same issue in multiple places; if someone here has an answer, they'll reply.

hi Team Evernote!

I use the evernote to share my notes with my students, and encourage them to share among their colleagues as it is tiresome if I try to invite every single one. however, i find that occasionally notes are accidentally altered, or deleted. is it possible to give the previlege of invite only to the person that we share the notes to when we share our notebooks, instead of invite and edit? plus i think it will be more efficiient if the sharing options are listed in tick-box selection rather than a drop down menu. 

thank you

5 hours ago, hizami said:

I use the evernote to share my notes with my students, and encourage them to share among their colleagues as it is tiresome if I try to invite every single one. however, i find that occasionally notes are accidentally altered, or deleted. is it possible to give the previlege of invite only to the person that we share the notes to when we share our notebooks, instead of invite and edit? 

There are various ways to share notes.
One is to specify email ids and read/edit access
Another if to generate a public url and simply share that.

You are posting in a topic for 'Introducing the new feature requests area"
If you have a feature request, you should start a new new topic
There are also other forums for help and discussion

Anyone pushing for an updated more complete dictionary? I feel like I work at Webster's with the amount of words I have to add to the dictionary myself while using Evernote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srichter001 said:

Anyone pushing for an updated more complete dictionary? I feel like I work at Webster's with the amount of words I have to add to the dictionary myself while using Evernote.

You could post this as a feature request (separate topic please) and see how much user support is generated

Personally, I find the current dictionary adequate (Cdn English)

Just now, DTLow said:

You might want to post this as a feature request (separate topic please) and see how much user support is generated

Personally, I find the current dictionary adequate (Cdn English)

Thanks! already figured out how to do this ;) 

And you must be an outlier. Oh wait Evernote doesn't know what an "outlier" is!

3 hours ago, srichter001 said:

And you must be an outlier. Oh wait Evernote doesn't know what an "outlier" is!

I may be offended if I had a dictionary to look that up:)

You might be interested in the post below.  It discussed adding custom dictionaries

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I may be offended if I had a dictionary to look that up:)

You might be interested in the post below.  It discussed adding custom dictionaries

Thanks man! I'll see if I can find some good libraries to add and post on my thread.  Still doesn't help me not feel like I'm working at Merriam Websters, ugh

4 hours ago, srichter001 said:

Still doesn't help me not feel like I'm working at Merriam Websters, ugh

I don't think that you know what a dictionary worker actually does. Most of what dictionaries deal in is meaning, pronunciation, definition, etymology, etc. It's not just bare lists of words...

43 minutes ago, jefito said:

I don't think that you know what a dictionary worker actually does. Most of what dictionaries deal in is meaning, pronunciation, definition, etymology, etc. It's not just bare lists of words...

Thank you Captain Obvious! Now you can explain to me what a metaphor is. Or am I being too abstract for you to get it?

Well, I suppose someone's gotta swing the pickaxe at the coalface...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jefito said:

Well, I suppose someone's gotta swing the pickaxe at the coalface...

Yeah, and leave some for us to swing at too ;)

• Like 1

Until this month the windows application of evernote was displaying the hindi stuff perfectly fine but right now on my computer it isnt.

What could be the problem? Could someone please help?

The text is visible on the website and on my phone as well but not on windows app.

I am attaching two files.

one: the website on Chrome

two: the app on my windows PC

one.PNG

two.PNG

I would love to see the scratchpad sync between devices!

I work between a laptop and desktop (mac) and it's frustrating to have my most recent thoughts / lists split between the two. Having to save each scratchpad to a note in order to be accessible from the other devices seems like an unnecessarily frustrating process :)

4 hours ago, sleeping writer said:

scratchpad???

Also, take notice of the topic you're posting in - this doesn't seem related; you should start a new topic

Bonjour.

CONTEXT :

In menu [Tools] / [Account Information] there is a visual indicator showing the volume of data used since the beginning of the period.

REQUEST :

It would be useful to have a visual / numerical representation of :

• the volume of data used over the last months, say six or twelve months, and,
  • the total volume of data stored on your disk.

This could be displayed standard within the "Account Information" window, or, displayed in a subsequent window, activated by a button.

RATIONAL :

It would help to follow-up the use we make of Evernote, and, more specifically, to decide which plan ( Basic / Plus / Premium ) to adopt...

Merci.

On 2017-01-06 at 8:26 AM, sleeping writer said:

On 2017-01-06 at 1:39 PM, André en Territoires Cris said:

It would be useful to have a visual / numerical representation of 

15 minutes ago, Ahmedhani said:

I think text note annotation (handwriting) like we do on pdf and image annotation will be a good feature.

Please note you're not following the procedure for submitting requests

Instead of tacking your request onto an ongoing discussion, you should be starting a new discussion.

This will allow users to discuss and indicate their support by adding their vote.

Or even better, locate a matching posted request and add your vote

13 hours ago, stricken67 said:

I would love it if I could create notes as children from a parent.

It would be better to start a new new topic instead of tacking onto an existing discussion

I use child notes all the time.Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.22.14 AM.png
I create a new note, and include a link in the parent note

Its not a true parent/child relationship though
The child notes are completely independent notes

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.19.26 AM.png

• Like 1

Congrats for the new update.... I was so looking for the update, but still there are no consistency between iOS, web version, Mac and Windows especially with the tags... and especially when you share the notebooks with others... 

Only what we really need is expand and collapse (Like the Mac version)

It seems the developers of those versions are not talking to each other:p  

The choice to implement the voting mechanism distinct from 'LIKE THIS' is a poor design choice.

Occasional users easily overlook the voting feature because

1. 'Like This' is positioned immediately after the text the reader has just finishing reading. If the post is long, the voting graphic is off the screen.
  2. The two functions -- voting and liking -- are, from a user perspective, synonymous. Why should it occur to anyone to do one if they already did the other?
  3. Oh, and the voting indicator is easy to overlook as graphical fluff because one normally wants to focus immediately on the content.

While a nice idea in theory, this sort of kludgy practice reminds me of bulletin board software from 20 years ago.

Why not just sort by number of 'Likes'?

Edited by humanengr
Added #3

On 2017-01-17 at 0:34 PM, Omar S. Bukhari said:

Congrats for the new update....

Are you aware you're posting under the topic Introducing the new feature requests area

I'm thinking you want a different topic in a different forum

• Like 1

18 hours ago, humanengr said:

The choice to implement the voting mechanism distinct from 'LIKE THIS' is a poor design choice.

Disagree. Voting for a topic has a distinctly different meaning than "liking" a post. You can like any post in the forum (not all posts are feature requests; I tend to like a lot of posts that are helpful to other users), but voting is on a topic basis, not a post basis, and can only occur in certain designated subforums (like this one): you cannot vote on all topics. Two separate concepts, two separate mechanisms; this is *good* design. If people get confused, the learning curve is not all that high.

34 minutes ago, jefito said:

If people get confused, the learning curve is not all that high.

It's high enough so that those who liked this topic didn't know to vote for it.

Proposed design improvement: automatically add 'likes' for a topic post to the votes.

Where is the vote button? And is there a forum where we can see all new ideas selected for development? Like a Sprint backlog list.

2 hours ago, Sanjay65 said:

Where is the vote button?

Feature request discussions have voting buttons in the upper left corner Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 4.13.43 AM.png

>>And is there a forum where we can see all new ideas selected for development?

No, this would be internal to Evernote, and generally not available to the public

• Like 2

when I am in Evernote via a web browser, and i click the magnifying glass 'search' icon in the upper left hand pane, i would expect that the cursor would immediately pop into the search field and i can start typing IMMEDIATELY.

WAY TOO MANY TIMES, i have clicked the magnifying glass, and started typing to no avail and disappointment.  THANKS EVERNOTE.

14 hours ago, LuggageDonkey said:

when I am in Evernote via a web browser, and i click the magnifying glass 'search' icon in the upper left hand pane, i would expect that the cursor would immediately pop into the search field and i can start typing IMMEDIATELY.

If you want to make a feature request about the Evernote web client, then you should make a separate post in the Evernote web client's Product Feedback forum (https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/234-web-product-feedback/), so that other users can vote on it.

• Like 1

Oic. So there's no default notebook for just scanning? That's the advantage of having two apps on iOS -- Evernote default notebook for web clips or other stuff and Scannable default notebook for scanning docs/biz cards. Sounds like android only has one default notebook. Too bad. I'd like different default notebooks for different purposes. E.g.: 

Default web clip 
Default doc scans 
Default receipt scans 
Default biz card scans 

Someday the dream of notebook automation will be a reality. Save my time! Save it!:yum:

6 hours ago, C.Kucharik said:

So there's no default notebook for just scanning?

It would be more productive to create a separate feature request post than tacking onto an existing post.

Personally, I only use a single @Inbox notebook and sort notes out in post-processing

Also, Notes have a "source" attribute, which might be useful; for example  source:web.clip

So you still haven't changed the default sort order? Its still the most popular first? So new ideas are rarely seen? And then you base what you develop on the votes? Seems like a recipe for skewed priorities.

18 minutes ago, robe070 said:

So you still haven't changed the default sort order? Its still the most popular first? So new ideas are rarely seen? And then you base what you develop on the votes? Seems like a recipe for skewed priorities.

We are users here and we're posting in a user discussion forum.

Evernote bases their development on many factors.  Feature requests and user votes are some of those factors

Of course! I'm talking about the factor of using the votes in their decision. I've no idea what other factors they are using! The votes factor seems skewed to me.

19 hours ago, robe070 said:

I've no idea what other factors they are using!

From the head of the forum:

Use this forum to suggest great ideas for improving Evernote. It could be a little idea or a very big idea. Like someone else's idea? Vote on the idea, or provide a comment of your own. One thing to remember: popularity does not mean implementation. Our forums are one component of the decisions we make, and while a bunch of ideas have merit, we need to be selective and always balancing priorities. 

They get input from many other sources; votes on feature request topics are just one consideration.

I would like to see a very simple new feature: the possibility of creating notebooks *inside* other notebooks, just like folders in a computer file system. I use Evernote mainly for organizing research material for a book I intend to write and even though it works great for me, it would be wonderful to have a "sub-notebooks" feature, which would help me keep my research even more organized and accessible. Thanks for this wonderful app, it has really changed the way I plan and conduct my researches.

57 minutes ago, marceloschild said:

I would like to see a very simple new feature: the possibility of creating notebooks *inside* other notebooks, just like folders in a computer file system

Its not really productive to tack requests on to this discussion.
This discussion is introducing the Requests Forum, where you can post such requests

Your request has already been submitted, and you can add your support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.  Click on the title to transfer to the request

As to nested Notebooks, you've already noticed its not a feature in Evernote.
Instead, Evernote uses Tags.  They have an unlimited hierarchy (Windows/Mac platforms), and the additional benefit of allowing multiple tags per note

Hi, I hope that this is the correct place to ask this question, but if it is not please excuse my ignorance.

I sort the contents of my notes on  PC with different colours eg.
Red is urgent
Blue is today
Green is Important
Fuschia is telephone
Black is for the record etc.

Would it be possible to have a hot key to open the format/colour box?

I have currently 13,900+ Notes

• Like 1

On 26. 2. 2017 at 4:00 PM, EGBOK said:

Hi, I hope that this is the correct place to ask this question, but if it is not please excuse my ignorance.

I sort the contents of my notes on  PC with different colours eg.
Red is urgent
Blue is today
Green is Important
Fuschia is telephone
Black is for the record etc.

Would it be possible to have a hot key to open the format/colour box?

I have currently 13,900+ Notes

This can be really usefull

22 hours ago, Martin Skalický said:

The idea is, to share all notes with specific tag.

This is not the correct place to post a feature request (tacking on to an existing discussion)

Start a new topic and post your request
It's a good idea, and I'll vote for it

58baba62e178f_ScreenShot2017-03-04at4_58_47AM.png.4428d9ca946dbb5950782107496cf7c9.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This is not the correct place to post a feature request (tacking on to an existing discussion)

Start a new topic and post your request
It's a good idea, and I'll vote for it

58baba62e178f_ScreenShot2017-03-04at4_58_47AM.png.4428d9ca946dbb5950782107496cf7c9.png

Sorry, I have posted new topic. Thank you for help!

I would like to be able to set sorting for each notebook individually. Some things it makes sense to go through in a temporal order, others in an alphabetical order, others in last modified order, but the sort setting is global.

• Like 1

I find it frustrating to not be able to more easily create a new notebook in a stack. I'm not sure if this is Mac specific, or not, but on the Mac desktop version I'd like to be able to control-click on a stack (in the side list view) and add a new notebook as opposed to having to go to the notebook view, create the new notebook, and then be able to add it to a stack. It's just too many steps and slows down workflow. 

Hope it's coming in the near-future. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, scottf said:

I find it frustrating to not be able to more easily create a new notebook in a stack. I'm not sure if this is Mac specific, or not, but on the Mac desktop version I'd like to be able to control-click on a stack (in the side list view) and add a new notebook as opposed to having to go to the notebook view, create the new notebook, and then be able to add it to a stack. It's just too many steps and slows down workflow. 

Hope it's coming in the near-future. Thanks! 

If creating new notebooks is part of your workflow (and deleting notebooks is not), you may want to rethink your workflow because you are heading for a dead-end as EN limits personal users to 250 notebooks.

20 minutes ago, tavor said:

If creating new notebooks is part of your workflow (and deleting notebooks is not), you may want to rethink your workflow because you are heading for a dead-end as EN limits personal users to 250 notebooks.

Thanks for the reply Tavor. I knew about that limit, but thanks for the reminder. I'm still far from hitting the 250, so I'd still like to see this functionality I mentioned.  

1. Do you know if there's a way to easy see how many notebooks you have created? I can't seem to see a total count anywhere in the interface
  2. What workflow do you recommend as a replacement - more use of tags? 

14 minutes ago, scottf said:

Do you know if there's a way to easy see how many notebooks you have created?

Fron my Mac Notebook Page58dec71607d67_ScreenShot2017-03-31at2_13_46PM.png.55bb8d20b8de768d855594a9e1c42d65.png

>>What workflow do you recommend as a replacement - more use of tags? 

My workflow makes use of tags.  As you can see I have minimal notebooks

If you wish to continue this discussion, it would be better to create a new topic, instead of tacking onto this topic.  You can create the feature request here https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-evernote-feature-requests/?do=add

Request that Evernote Speech to Text Widget Feature be restored.  - Previously on Android

This was useful as I could record notes via voice at the press of a single button.   Handy when you have an idea in your mind and dont want to be messing around on your phone.  I found it useful whilst driving, or in the middle of the night when I had a thought I wanted to remember, or when you are on the go.

Please vote to restore this useful feature!

I like how the Table of Contents feature links have green text and green lines beneath them and that the links are internal to the Evernote app (Note Link). This helps distinguish which links are internal to Evernote (Note Link) and External (Note URL). However, when I manually create a link to another note using (Note Link), the link is the typical blue text and blue lines of a URL link, despite being an internal link to Evernote. My ask would be that links internal to Evernote (Note Links) be green text with green lines and that links external to Evernote (Note URL) have blue text and blue lines to facilitate this distinction.

6 hours ago, Devon Smith said:

I like how the Table of Contents feature links have green text and green lines beneath them and that the links are internal to the Evernote app (Note Link). This helps distinguish which links are internal to Evernote (Note Link) and External (Note URL). However, when I manually create a link to another note using (Note Link), the link is the typical blue text and blue lines of a URL link, despite being an internal link to Evernote. My ask would be that links internal to Evernote (Note Links) be green text with green lines and that links external to Evernote (Note URL) have blue text and blue lines to facilitate this distinction.

Quick fix for you here... Use the text color option to change the color of the link to whatever you want. 

Is this related to a specific Evernote client?

Also, you should post specific feature requests in separate topics (assuming that they're new feature requests); that way the voting system can be used by other users to show approval of the request.

17 hours ago, Herby said:

Request that Evernote Speech to Text Widget Feature be restored.  - Previously on Android

This was useful as I could record notes via voice at the press of a single button.   Handy when you have an idea in your mind and dont want to be messing around on your phone.  I found it useful whilst driving, or in the middle of the night when I had a thought I wanted to remember, or when you are on the go.

Please vote to restore this useful feature!

A vote here means relatively little, as this topic is related to use of the general feature requests subforum. You should post your request in the Android Product Feedback subforum in a separate topic.

This is an Evernote Windows Client request, but I am sure it can apply to other OS. 

You can change the font, but not the color of the underline.

Plus, it would save me a bunch of time it was automatic.

This is an Evernote Windows Client request, but I am sure it can apply to other OS. 

You can change the font, but not the color of the underline.

Plus, it would save me a bunch of time it was automatic.

As @jefito suggested, start a thread in the feature request area so it can be voted on. I'll up-vote it as I've run into the same issue and find it annoying to not be able to easily distinguish between internal and external links.

I'm new to this forum, are there ever employee comments on the threads or updates or current priority lists for what's being developed? What's been looked at / tried and the fix isn't as easy as we think?  Or just general engagement from the company or it is just a bunch of frustrated users saying the same things over and over?  I'm a pro-transparency individual, if I'm paying Evernote money, a portion of that should go to customer relations and keeping us all updated on what's going on with development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam Heiermann said:

are there ever employee comments on the threads

Occasionally. 

updates

Do you mean updates to the software, or updates to specific feature requests or ???

current priority lists for what's being developed? What's been looked at / tried and the fix isn't as easy as we think?

Rarely.

The fix is rarely as easy as 'we' think, because 'we' are not in general developers, and those that are, aren't familiar with the Evernote code base.

Or just general engagement from the company or it is just a bunch of frustrated users saying the same things over and over?  I'm a pro-transparency individual, if I'm paying Evernote money, a portion of that should go to customer relations and keeping us all updated on what's going on with development.

They sometimes give updates, but are very chary of speaking specifically about future directions, at least until they're enshrined in available betas. This policy frustrates some users, some it doesn't. Those that it doesn't usually don't post about it, so you're apt to see more evidence of frustration than actually exists in the user base.

If you have specific questions about specific features, you should just ask them in the appropriate subforum here.

3 hours ago, Adam Heiermann said:

are there ever employee comments on the threads or updates

This is a user discussion forum, but employess do pop in occasionally

New releases are posted to inform, and solicit feedback.  For example

Hi

Good to now that there is a place to submit ideas :)

I Love Evernote and I hope it will exist forever !

Is there any option to change the way we make drawings in notes ? I'm using two app's to make notes.

1. Evernote

2. oneNote

The second is used by me, because of one function. That is drawing in any location in a note. The example is bellow (Evernote.png and oneNote.png)

Is there a option to change the way how we make drawing's in Evernote to be able to draw in any place in the note ? Like in the example (oneNOte).

Cheers!

Evernote.PNG

oneNote.PNG

5 hours ago, mikemikhalevich said:

Good to now that there is a place to submit ideas

The place to submit ideas is not in this discussion.

You should go the new Requests forum and start a new discussion

The link is  https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-evernote-feature-requests/?do=add

>>Is there any option to change the way we make drawings in notes ? 

I'm not satisfied with the sketching feature in Evernote.  The editor has basic features, and there are limitations with the Note format (html clone)

My solution is to use a different editor (Notability on my iPad) and add the file as an attachment to a note.  I use the native format, and/or export to PDF 

Hi,

First this is great improvement. Microsoft has been using this  - community voting - with Office, PowerBI, Powershell and their products seem to been improving a lot based in people requests.

This said, can You be more specific of how can I vote in a idea? It's by commenting on the idea thread?

I'm not seeing any vote button. For example I would like to vote in:

But I'm not seeing how to do it. :(

Thanks in advance.