• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
gbarry

Introducing the new feature requests area

Idea

Welcome to the new feature requests forum for Evernote. This is a space for all Evernote service wide requests: ideas that are not platform specific (so not explicitly about iOS, Windows, etc), ideas that are big (sharing, structure, to do), ideas that are super specific. We'll be spending the next few weeks ensuring that some of the best ideas that've been discussed in our forums over the years are moved from our General Discussions forum and into this new area. Unlike our product specific feedback areas, upvoted topics will be automatically stacked by number of votes.

As a reminder, if you have a specific piece of product feedback related to a platform (a request or UI tweak that is only related to Evernote Mac for example), please vote or post in the appropriate product feedback area: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/126-evernote/

• Like 9

165 replies to this idea

Hi,

Can I request the return of the Atlas search feature in Evernote for Mac?

Being someone who travels around for business it has been a HUGE disappointment to lose this feature which I previously found so useful for locating notes made in different locations.

I've tried using the more cumbersome latitude and longitude searches but these simply do not bring up all the notes made in these locations and it is a great hassle to have to try to find the coordinates of a location first anyway.

You already had the feature working really well so why downgrade the service - especially without actually telling us that is what you were doing?

Thank you.

Paul Branston

• Like 1

Display Notes In A Calendar View

Hello - I'm looking for a way to view notes by monthly calendar. I simply want to click a button that says "calendar view" or something, and then it opens up a calendar view that shows notes created for each day, instead of events like a traditional calendar. You can then click the day of the month and view all the notes that were added/created that day. Then click each individual note to view it

Are you guys planning to implement this feature? This is a MUST HAVE!!!!!!  THANKS!

I hope this new system sheds light on the fact that the number 1 feature that Evernote users are asking for is a dark theme. With 48 votes to date, I hope this issue gets some attention considering users have been asking for 3 years with very little response or acknowledgment. It is my hope that this gives evernote an opportunity to hear what is truly important to its users. Out of curiosity, is there a specific criteria, or number of votes that a feature will require before being considered? What type of response can we expect when suggesting a new feature? Is there a specific time frame in which items will be reviewed for consideration? All in all I am really excited about this feature and the direction in which the company is going. This is by far the most valuable piece of software that I have ever used. Many thanks to the Evernote Team! You guys rock!

• Like 3

On 2017-09-07 at 8:06 PM, RAVtech said:

I use Evernote for both my job and my personal life (which includes another job). Is there a way for me to have access to 2 accounts within the app at once? If not, that is what I need. :-D

Using the Shared Notebook feature, you have access to the notebooks in both accounts

PLEASE let users choose how we view our notebooks on a computer screen. The single column view you make us use now is inefficient. Give us the option to have a multi column view...like you used to give us.

On 8/31/2016 at 1:19 PM, E-NoteForum said:

This is a good idea, but stacking by number of votes is frustrating because new ideas are posted dead last on the last page of the forum.

So if someone comes here to browse ideas, they will never see anything new; this just creates a positive feedback loop, especially when there are popular ideas that aren't implemented and thus clog the top of the forum while pushing new ideas to the very bottom.

Hey @E-NoteForum,

That's definitely great feedback. Since the General Discussions feedback section is new, we can do a better job of ensuring duplicate posts get combined, rather than having 13 different posts for the same thing. Ideally, before posting, the user would do a quick search for a similar topic and simply up-vote the existing post.

• Like 1

Great idea!

A note to the forum users: please don't pollute the topics with simple '+1' posts. You can now up-vote the request.

On 2016-11-07 at 3:14 AM, Sara Simon said:

Please...a UK English dictionary on Evernote Web!

7 minutes ago, CreativeB said:

A new suggestion in relation to using a PEN and HANDWRITING on WINDOWS 10 devices:

You might post your suggestions as separate topics in this forum.  

This will allow for discussion, and for users to vote

• Like 1

I was unable to look for my query in the current thread only, so apologies if this has already appeared here.

My request is for Adonit Pixel compatibility in Evernote PenUltimate. The currently supported Adonit stylus is no longer on the list of Adonit styli - it is outdated and replaced by oth BlueTooth ones, so Evernote is well behind here.

I really like Pixel and it would be a shame to have to move to a different app after so many years of being a loyal Evernote user. I may be old fashioned here with my brand loyalty, of course.

Hello Evernote! 
There are a couple of features that I'd like to see added and/or changed with the current Evernote desktop app.

1. I would love to see a feature in which stacks can be minimized . As a student, I use Evernote for making notes in courses. I use stacks to collect notebooks for that subject, where each notebook represents an individual topic in the course. However, once a course is finished, I want to keep my notes without seeing all notebooks for that course. The stack itself would be enough.

2.I usually experience that the selections made in a app, such as marking a text selection to for example make it bold, sometimes the selections remain in a weird way. This can be solved using Ctrl+Space, but this places the cursor at the top of the note. Better would be if it remained where I was in the note.

3. I'd love to see superscript and subscript options opened in the writing toolbar. I know that there are quick commands for enabling super- and subscript, but still. 

4. When I take notes, I usually want to note code. The feature in the Evernote app is really good and thanks for that. But, when I paste code of a different format to add to the current code-style thing, the code-format isn't applied to the pasted "code", regardless of what the pasted stuff is. Monaco font isn't applied. Please, fix this! It would be much appreciated.

This is the minimize stack things. 

599ffff0b8553_Hidestack.PNG.0aa4564221ff23a4c2ef2036f75de750.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Code-pasting issue

59a0011a8cab7_Pastetocode.PNG.b826f27a3d3f31504fccf29f60c1ecac.PNG

Cheers!

On 8/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, Robert_L said:

1. I would love to see a feature in which stacks can be minimized . As a student, I use Evernote for making notes in courses. I use stacks to collect notebooks for that subject, where each notebook represents an individual topic in the course. However, once a course is finished, I want to keep my notes without seeing all notebooks for that course. The stack itself would be enough.

3. I'd love to see superscript and subscript options opened in the writing toolbar. I know that there are quick commands for enabling super- and subscript, but still. 

This is the minimize stack things. 

599ffff0b8553_Hidestack.PNG.0aa4564221ff23a4c2ef2036f75de750.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Code-pasting issue

59a0011a8cab7_Pastetocode.PNG.b826f27a3d3f31504fccf29f60c1ecac.PNG

Cheers!

1. stack could be minimized if you show left panel.

3. Right click -> Style -> Choose Superscript / Subscript   

Idea of inserting words from a different language while making notes in English...Many words do not allow proper 

representation - phonetically - except in that particular language Say INDIAN LANGUAGES - Hindi, Tamil Telegu Kannada Bengali etc to be inserted while making notes in English ( which is set as Langauage of preference).

Thank you! So pleased to see you all so invested in hearing what users have to say, and considering our requests! :)

• Like 1

This is a good idea, but stacking by number of votes is frustrating because new ideas are posted dead last on the last page of the forum.

So if someone comes here to browse ideas, they will never see anything new; this just creates a positive feedback loop, especially when there are popular ideas that aren't implemented and thus clog the top of the forum while pushing new ideas to the very bottom.

• Like 3

Yep, I've become aware of that glitch myself lately. We can set the sorting rules ourselves (and hopefully they'll "stick" as our own defaults), but I'd suggest a default sort by "recently updated" like the other forums. Anyone interested in vote counts can easily switch sorting temporarily (or permanently if that's possible); meanwhile, other folks can just see what new easily.

On 8/31/2016 at 11:49 PM, E-NoteForum said:

@E-NoteForum, yes, you are right. I realised this just now after posting an idea in this forum. Unless one changes the sort or does a search or other user(s) reply or up vote the idea, one will most likely not come across the new ideas.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:08 AM, jefito said:

Yep, I've become aware of that glitch myself lately. We can set the sorting rules ourselves (and hopefully they'll "stick" as our own defaults), but I'd suggest a default sort by "recently updated" like the other forums. Anyone interested in vote counts can easily switch sorting temporarily (or permanently if that's possible); meanwhile, other folks can just see what new easily.

@jefito, yes, one can switch the sorting temporarily but permanently is not possible.

15 hours ago, amanda_h said:

Since the General Discussions feedback section is new, we can do a better job of ensuring duplicate posts get combined, rather than having 13 different posts for the same thing.

@amanda_h, completely agree but please keep sort by 'recently updated' as the default sort option.

Additionally, I would also like to have the number of views listed next to the idea like in the other forums. I wonder why this 'views' addition is selectively listed for Evernote forums - I think its listed only for the 'Help' forums but in my opinion, if it is added, it should be present in all the forums or else it simply should not appear. Strange that it must appear only in certain forums.

Edited by ChiragC
Tagging the people who I replied to

Hi Evernote Team!

I have and idea! 

I really want to see the thumbnails for the links from youtube and vimeo

I really need to see the thumbnail of the video when I pasting youtube/vimeo links to the Evernote. For example I have 20 different links from youtube and all of them just a blue text in my note) It's really hard to search between all of them. It will be great if u can add automatically thumbnail for the links from youtube and vimeo .

But please, no need to create button, like add youtube or vimeo link! It will be perfect if it can recognize links and add automatically thumbnail for them or maybe before the link user can add symbol like "@" and it will understand that it is video link. I think u know better how to make it very user friendly for all devices. Kindly find in attachment some example that I made 

I hope to see that new feature in Evernote. It will help me in my work.

Thank you in advance!

Example.png

• Like 4

Please...a UK English dictionary on Evernote Web! Why does English mean US English? I have to use the Web version on work computers and get so many 'spelling mistakes' that aren't. It's difficult to spot those that are genuine mistakes. My apps (PC & Android) both have UK English...why not the Web version?

• Like 1

A new suggestion in relation to using a PEN and HANDWRITING on WINDOWS 10 devices:

Could we please have the option of clicking on a 'pen' for handwriting in Evernote Desktop and Evernote Web?  I refer to Android App, whereby we can use a pen to handwrite in Evernote, merely by clicking on the pen button.  I'd love it if that is a standard options in Desktop and Web, seeing most people are moving towards mobile and touch screen devices with Windows 10 and a pen. 

Many thanks for considering this.

:)

• Like 1

I'm a student at Queens College and we are forced to use antiquated software to get our assignments, it's called Blackboard. Someone from Evernote or Dropbox or ANYONE else needs to pursue software for college campuses. It's certainly enough of a large market to consider. It's probably sufficient to handle communications between professors and students NOW. It needs tweeking but the NEED is there. It's really just a suggestion but I don't know why you can't have an academic premium service if you have one for businesses.

1 minute ago, ihavegills said:

I'm a student at Queens College and we are forced to use antiquated software to get our assignments, it's called Blackboard. Someone from Evernote or Dropbox or ANYONE else needs to pursue software for college campuses. It's certainly enough of a large market to consider. It's probably sufficient to handle communications between professors and students NOW. It needs tweeking but the NEED is there. It's really just a suggestion but I don't know why you can't have an academic premium service if you have one for businesses.

You're posting in a discussion introducing the new feedback forum. It would be better to start a new discussion.

In regards to your suggestion, I agree there is a market, however can this be monetized.  I'm thinking students are more likely to be taking advantage of the free account tier.

If I was a student, I'd continue to use the existing school software for communications, and use Evernote for my filing.

If I wanted one feature what would it be? That on the web clipper a few default notebooks or tags appear under Organise that I can click on so the clip is then sent to the selected destination. I am so fed up with having to type my tags or notebooks to get it to send clips  there.

Capture.PNG