dvollc

Sort notes by Reminder date

Idea

I use Evernote for GTD and therefore, heavily use Reminders.  However, there is no way to sort notes by the Reminder date. 

Thank you for considering this.

-David

12 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, dvollc said:

I use Evernote for GTD and therefore, heavily use Reminders.  However, there is no way to sort notes by the Reminder date. 

-David

Yup. You can do this in Windows as there are reminder columns available, but not in the Mac version. :wacko:

On August 25, 2016 at 8:51 AM, dvollc said:

-David

I use reminders for GTD on my Mac and iPad

No sorting but I use searches to identify task lists
edited - except for the reminder section

For example
- current task list:  reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
                              tasks with a remider date, exclude future dated, exclude completed

Upvoted. I agree, there should be better sorting options. 

• Like 1

The Windows client and Android clients both list Reminders for a particular context (e.g. notebook, search filter, etc.) in a separate list above the actual notes. You can choose to sort the reminder list in both of those clients by reminder date. As I generally use reminders as a to-do list, I use this capability a lot; I can keep the reminders list sorted by reminder date, and the note list sorted by updated-reversed (my usual). The Windows client (at least the latest beta) also exposes the reminder-related fields in its note list sorting options.

It wouldn't hurt to have better sorting options overall in all clients, though.

Hi there

I didn't know how to create a new question....

I'd like to have the possibility to sort the different Notebooks each in a different way (for example one Notebook per title, an other per writing date).

12 minutes ago, Nicole Bertsch said:

I'd like to have the possibility to sort the different Notebooks each in a different way (for example one Notebook per title, an other per writing date).

If you are a Windows user this ability is in the latest beta if you would like to try it before general release.

• Like 1

I would like the ability to sort reminders by date more than ever now, following the new update. 

• Like 1

On 2017-01-19 at 5:31 PM, macneilpi said:

I would like the ability to sort reminders by date more than ever now, following the new update. 

By new update, are you referring to the IOS platform?  

edited: Clicking on Reminders instead of the clock icon shows your notes in due date seq

The current version removed search options, however you can still access reminders by date with searches

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

By new update, are you referring to the IOS platform?  The current version removed search options, however you can still access reminders by date with searches

On an iPhone? That is so painful as to be useless. Reminders should be sortable by date. Period.

• Like 2

agree.  should be able to sort by reminder date and time.

should be able to assign date and time to multiple selected reminders at once.

should be to change date and time to multiple selected reminders at one time

should be able to mark "completed" to multiple selected reminders at one time.

• Like 1

i also strongly needed to sort my notes considering "reminder date" in mac evernote. please provide this functionality

1 hour ago, kerempg said:

i also strongly needed to sort my notes considering "reminder date" in mac evernote. please provide this functionality

That note list has a Reminder section at the top.  This section can be sorted in reminder date sequence.1671359991_ScreenShot2018-08-10at11_59_22.png.9868453e29f353be7ac173cc2ba23fa2.png