Full names of attached files

luis.toledo

Idea

Hi, 

I am wondering if we will soon be able to see full names for the files attached when in "view as attachment" mode, instead of whatever number of characters fit within the icon. See for example how it looks for a collection of attached pdf articles that I consider relevant for a note: 

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 14.19.39.png

I love attaching all kinds of documents to my notes, but the inability to identify them easily is quite annoying and makes me want to still use finder-explorer for file management. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I moved this to the feedback area so you can get some votes for a feature request.  I'm in,  though I don't as a rule have any 'bare' attachments in notes - I'd usually post the long name and have some sort of exec summary for searching anyway.  This would be a nice to have,  though it is going to mean (much) longer icons for some files...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, luis.toledo said:

I am wondering if we will soon be able to see full names for the files attached when in "view as attachment" mode, instead of whatever number of characters fit within the icon:

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 14.19.39.png

I love attaching all kinds of documents to my notes, but the inability to identify them easily is quite annoying and makes me want to still use finder-explorer for file management. 

I up-voted the request

You might want to add some text to your note as a description of the attachment

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I moved this to the feedback area so you can get some votes for a feature request.  I'm in,  though I don't as a rule have any 'bare' attachments in notes - I'd usually post the long name and have some sort of exec summary for searching anyway.  This would be a nice to have,  though it is going to mean (much) longer icons for some files...

Totally agree, I was going to suggest some adjustable icon size like there is for images, or maybe a more reasonable limit of characters like 30 or 40 (I am just saying random numbers here) which allows for most files to show their full name

Archived