Open Note in Maximised Window?

When I double click a note to open it in a separate window, the window always opens in a small window, ie neither maximised, or minimised to the task bar. I would like the window to open in it's maximised state.

If I maximise an open window, close it, then open it again, it still opens in a small window. The window is so small I cannot see anything useful - all I see is the header and title of the saved page, so I HAVE to maximise it to see the contents. With this in mind, it makes sense for it to always open maximised.

Is there a way of choosing (can't see anything in the options) or forcing a maximised window, perhaps via the registry?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Nothing that I know of.  Only suggestion - some settings are saved back to the registry when exiting Evernote.  Try File > Exiting when you have a note maximised.  You'll lose that view of the note,   but it just might come back full screen when you reopen the app... maybe.

I have notes I open in separate windows often, but have them set as a small window, neither max or min. They always open in the size I left them in. So, try this. Open the note in whatever size it opens to then resize it so it fills the screen. Then close and re-open. Sort of a fake max window. I've done this in other apps successfully. 

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, dbvirago said:

I have notes I open in separate windows often, but have them set as a small window, neither max or min. They always open in the size I left them in. So, try this. Open the note in whatever size it opens to then resize it so it fills the screen. Then close and re-open. Sort of a fake max window. I've done this in other apps successfully. 

Works nicely as long as you don't actually click the Windows maximize/return box to go to 100%, so you can get 99% to repeat.  Funny thing, you can train the new note window to be full screen every time.  Sweet mysteries of life.

Thanks Guys, I'd forgotten about the 'manual maximise'. It works well enough, though why EN doesn't respect the maximise button is beyond me. if I close a window I have manually maximised, and then re-open, the window open to its 'maximised' size, even after restarting EN/Windows, so the window size is being remembered, its just that the maximise button isn't.

If I manually maximise, and then use the maximise button to get genuine maximum, then close and reopen the window, the window opens to its manually maximised size, not the true maximise.... strange, but at least the last window size is remembered (as long as it is done manually!)

Archived