"Not enough space"

I'm getting an error on my Kindle Fire HD after not using my Evernote app in a while that says "you don't have enough space on your device to create new notes." I have more than enough space on my kindle and I have deleted videos to make more space. I can't create new note or edit my old. How can I fix this??

• Level 5*

@Star4227- Ouch.  OK so that's a problem,  and maybe the cause of your running out of space.  Mobile devices aren't meant to carry the full database on board - notes are supposed to back themselves up to the server automatically,  and only recent notes stay in storage on your device.

Don't uninstall then - try some of these suggestions:  How to troubleshoot syncing issues

The only other way you can get notes into your account would be to email them to,  or to 'share' them with yourself.  Email won't work if you're a Basic user,  and to share them you'd have to set up another account,  which will require another valid email address.  Let's hope you can get sync working!

@gazumped good news! There was no way for my app to communicate with anything. I gave up because the files were old and I hadn't used them recently anyway. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. All the apps were there, including ones I added on the app on my phone that had never synced, and now I'm up and running. Not sure what the actual issue was, but I appreciate the help!! 

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Star4227 said:

There was no way for my app to communicate with anything.

The Evernote app usually syncs with the Evernote servers
It communicates to exchange info like user settings
You can verify the sync of your notes by using the web platform (www.evernote.com)

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Star4227 said:

@gazumped good news! There was no way for my app to communicate with anything. I gave up because the files were old and I hadn't used them recently anyway. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. All the apps were there, including ones I added on the app on my phone that had never synced, and now I'm up and running. Not sure what the actual issue was, but I appreciate the help!! 

Always glad to fix something,  even if I have no idea what just happened...   :D

Archived