Unable to Decrease Indent after Bulleted List

I've been using Evernote to manage my supervisor's notes for years, but I constantly run into the same issue again and again.

Often, I need to paste a bulleted list into Evernote. Below the bulleted list, I make space for additional notes. However, after I paste the list, the text below is indented with no bullets. I'm unable to decrease this indent. As a result, notes move closer and closer to the right with no way to correct this. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

• Level 5*

It is a bug. The only workaround I know of is to first type some stuff, then go back up and make sure you are on a blank row. Then paste your bullet list in.

For anyone from Evernote, to repro:

• Type a quick bullet list in MS Word. 3-4 items is enough.
  • Select them and copy.
  • OPen a new note in Evernote.
  • Paste
  • Hit enter 1-2 times to get rid of the bullet where you are. You are still indented and there is no way I can see to unindent. Removing formatting doesn't help.
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, EdH said:

Hit enter 1-2 times to get rid of the bullet where you are. You are still indented and there is no way I can see to unindent. Removing formatting doesn't help.

Confirmed and strange.  This definitely isn't ideal but after your last step, if you click on numbered list once and then bulleted list, it looks like four times, you will then have the cursor at the far left with no bullet.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Confirmed and strange.  This definitely isn't ideal but after your last step, if you click on numbered list once and then bulleted list, it looks like four times, you will then have the cursor at the far left with no bullet.

Oh, well, as long as there is a valid workaround. ;)

I think that is just beating Evernote into submission until it gets confused and gets you back to the left margin. Yeah, not ideal, but it's something. \_(ツ)_/¯

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, EdH said:

I think that is just beating Evernote into submission until it gets confused and gets you back to the left margin.

:) I think you may be right.  I've run into this one before usually trying to edit something clipped from the web.  Hadn't noticed it in Word before.  The "trick" I stumbled on (in desperation) is to first change it to a numbered list and then back to a bulleted one and for some reason I can then usually get the list to behave the way I want.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am having the same issue, or something close:

- The very beginning of a note is intended, I suspect because of Evernote's annoying automated number list function

- The only way that I found to remove the intend is to turn the whole note into plain text (which is not something I want to do at all, because of the other information below)

I tried to a) decrease indent level, b) decrease list level, c) remove link, d) clear style, e) simplify the formatting on the selection, f) make a list and then remove the formatting, d) delete the text and copy-paste it without style, f) simply delete the text. Nothing works, the intend remains on top of that note and it keeps it whatever I do.

Any workaround? I tried everything I could think of (Evernote Mac, 7.1).

Archived