Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2 released (Official Thread)

rubenb

Idea

Hi All,

I’m pleased to announce the release of Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2!

This release fixes numerous bugs. Most notable fixes:
  • Text highlighting didn't work in Article/Full-page modes
  • Error message 'Cannot run web clipper...' after successful clipping
  • Error message 'Cannot run web clipper...' when using ` keyboard shortcut
  • Too fast scrolling inside notebook popup
  • Safari: Installation didn't work for macOS Sierra users

Thanks all for providing helpful info about problems, it helped us reproduce and fix many of the issues!

Availablity:

We submitted for all three browsers today: Chrome users can expect 6.9.2 in the next few hours. For Opera it'll take a few days. Safari users need to be a bit more patient as the review process may take a week or two.

Cheers
Ruben

30 replies to this idea

Version 6.9.3 Not Installing in Firefox 49.0.1

Web Clipper 6.9.3 is NOT INSTALLING in firefox 49.0.1. It is giving the below error

"Firefox has prevented this site from installing an unverified add- on. "

I understand there may be reasons on firefox's side to not allow this updated add-on.
Just tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.

Or please tell me if there is some work-around to install it.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Evernote_Thom said:

We have released the 6.10 version of the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome this week which should address the issue with navigating the tags list with keyboard arrows.

Many thanks for this.  I can confirm that the arrow keys are working again with the EN Clipper 6.10 (Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (2840.71) on macOS 10.11.4).

• Ex Employees

@JMichaelTX We have released the 6.10 version of the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome this week which should address the issue with navigating the tags list with keyboard arrows. If you haven't yet seen the extension update take effect you can reinstall the latest version of the Web Clipper in Chrome to resolve the issue. 

Hi,

When can we expect to see version 6.9.2 to be approved by firefox, it is going to be 1.5 month since it was submitted for firefox's review.

Does evernote not make any effort to get it approved by firefox.

Version 6.10 is already released and available for chrome.

• Level 5*
On 8/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, rubenb said:

I’m pleased to announce the release of Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2!

@rubenb,  Any feedback on fixing this issue:

BUG REPORT:  Arrow Keys Don't Work in Web Clipper 6.9.2 in Chrome 54.0 

Since it started happening after release of 6.9.2, it would seem that a Chrome update broke something.

This is really hurting me, and I think many others.  Any suggested work-arounds?  Is there a specific version of Chrome that we can downgrade to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jedipunk said:

After typing a word for the tag, I might have a few options left to choose from and I would use the arrow keys to select it. This functionality is gone.

Started seeing this in Web Clipper for Chrome this week.

Yep, I'm seeing the same BUG.

Looks like I posted my Bug Report in the wrong thread:

• Level 5*
On 22/10/2016 at 1:00 AM, PegPowell said:

I usually use Internet Explorer and the Webclipper icon doesn't show up. It was there earlier today before an update.

Hi.  What got updated?  Evernote / IE / Windows?  Have you tried restarting the browser / your system?

Thanks @Gazumped

I had written to evernote support also but yet to get any reply from the support team.

@rubenb

Thanks, Could you please tell a rough idea how much time firefox usually takes to review evernote's add-ons as we are dying to see the same chrome functionalities in firefox web clipper too.

Also as @Gazumped and I have tested the web clipper on Firefox 50 and 51 developer editions - it was not working, i think the team can start looking into it now why it was not working on v50 and 51 so that it can be updated once v50 / 51 are released.

On 10/2/2016 at 2:22 AM, Gks said:

Thanks for prompt reply Gazumped.

Getting v6.9.3 -> Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

"Released September 23, 2016 3.9 MB Works with Firefox 49.0 and later

Thanks to the new 'Web Extensions' in Firefox we're able to jump from version 6.2 to 6.9.3 and provide you the same feature set we have on other browsers. This new version works in Firefox 49 or later. For older versions, please visit the extensions versions page and download 6.2."

The top-most item is v6.9.3, But it seems it is un-signed and firefox 49.* is not allowing un-signed / un-verified add-ons to be installed.

Please tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.

We submitted a new Firefox September 23. However, it's waiting for review. Can't give you a date yet.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I played with the security settings on my copy of Firefox 50 beta 3,  but all I get is "the downloaded extension is corrupt and cannot be installed".  It used to be the case that messages like this could be ignored,  and the extension installed anyway,  but it seems either Fx security is now protecting us from ourselves,  or the file is genuinely corrupt and needs to be updated.  If you're able I'd suggest raising this with support,  otherwise it's a question of using Chrome for the extra features,  or waiting until this gets fixed (or Mozilla get around to approval). 

No other workarounds that I'm aware of...

Thanks for prompt reply Gazumped.

Getting v6.9.3 -> Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

"Released September 23, 2016 3.9 MB Works with Firefox 49.0 and later

Thanks to the new 'Web Extensions' in Firefox we're able to jump from version 6.2 to 6.9.3 and provide you the same feature set we have on other browsers. This new version works in Firefox 49 or later. For older versions, please visit the extensions versions page and download 6.2."

The top-most item is v6.9.3, But it seems it is un-signed and firefox 49.* is not allowing un-signed / un-verified add-ons to be installed.

Please tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.

• Level 5*

Hi.  How did you manage to get to a screen where you could install Clipper 6.9.3?  The standard Fx extension page offers Clipper 6.2,  and the comments above indicate that Evernote is still working on the Firefox extension...

Bonjour,

About Web Clipper 6.9.2 in Safari Technology Preview Release 14 (Safari 10.1, WebKit 12603.1.6.0.2) :

In the field provided to add a label (tag), the cursor does not follow the advance, the seizure of the text. We must move with the arrow keys, otherwise you written backwards.

It's okay in Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.11).

Capture d’écran 2016-09-28 à 22.29.40.png

• Level 5*
On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎24 at 9:40 AM, rubenb said:

We have Edge 6.9.2 ready, but need to wait for Microsoft's OK before we can submit.
We hope that happens before mid-September.

Got the automatic update earlier today.

15 hours ago, csihilling said:

@rubenb

Just updated the chrome browser to 6.9.2.  Try this, use Chrome to capture this page in the various formats and then do the same with FF, (I'm using 6.2).  In my view

1. Article - FF is a bit cleaner but you can't expand to the header, you can expand to the header in chrome but the result is messy.
  2. Simplified Article - a push, though chrome has some noise in the header
  3. Full Page - FF is a reasonable representation of the page, Chrome is toast in comparison
  4. Bookmark -  Chrome is clean, FF is toast in comparison

Maybe its what's in the pages of this forum, but the full page for chrome is not so good.  And it is significantly slower for full page, a good 15 second lag where the wheel stops spinning (3 times in a row), versus a second for FF.  All done on this page.

Not being critical here, just providing input as to what I see.  Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.

10 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Did you guys forget Edge already? :) 

Looking forward to that update..

We have Edge 6.9.2 ready, but need to wait for Microsoft's OK before we can submit.
We hope that happens before mid-September.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, rubenb said:
Availablity:

We submitted for all three browsers today: Chrome users can expect 6.9.2 in the next few hours. For Opera it'll take a few days. Safari users need to be a bit more patient as the review process may take a week or two.

Cheers
Ruben

Did you guys forget Edge already? :) 

Looking forward to that update..

• Level 5*

@rubenb

Just updated the chrome browser to 6.9.2.  Try this, use Chrome to capture this page in the various formats and then do the same with FF, (I'm using 6.2).  In my view

1. Article - FF is a bit cleaner but you can't expand to the header, you can expand to the header in chrome but the result is messy.
  2. Simplified Article - a push, though chrome has some noise in the header
  3. Full Page - FF is a reasonable representation of the page, Chrome is toast in comparison
  4. Bookmark -  Chrome is clean, FF is toast in comparison

Maybe its what's in the pages of this forum, but the full page for chrome is not so good.  And it is significantly slower for full page, a good 15 second lag where the wheel stops spinning (3 times in a row), versus a second for FF.  All done on this page.

Not being critical here, just providing input as to what I see.  Thanks

Archived