Notebooks are read only on Windows Application after latest update but working well on web application (evernote.com) and Ipad application

Some converted notebooks are read only on Windows Application after latest update but working well on web application (evernote.com) and Ipad application.

Is this a common issue for someone else? Can we get a fix for this bug please?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're posting in the Evernote Business thread.  It may be a dumb question,  but are you a business subscriber,  and if so does this affect your personal notes and / or your business notes?

Hi @kabela. At this time this is a known issue with the Windows application, and our development team is working on a fix. So that I can get a ticket created for you and get a copy of your log and other information, I'm going to convert this thread into a support ticket. I'll follow up with you shortly. Thanks!

I have the same problem here. I have already open a ticket for it.

I have a total of 110 notebooks on my EN Business

I just had now 84 notebooks that was set to "view" only when on EN Web I have "Edit and invite" access setup on each one of them.

This problem has started since the last EN Windows Client update.

Two users of my EN Business have the same problems too. On a daily basis random notebooks on which they have "edit" permissions setup on EN Web have "view" only applied to their local EN Windows Client.

Another issue since the last EN Windows Client update is the notebook name change do not apply on other EN Business users local client. I can see the name has changed on EN Web but this doesn't cascade down their local EN Windows client. Looking at their respective account from EN Web the notebook names have been applied successfully. When looking my other PCs which has EN Windows client install the notebook names changed do not apply on my other PCs.

As I wrote above I do have a Ticket open for this.

The workaround I have applied temporally to fix this is so is the following:

1. Log on to EN Web Admin Console
  2. Go to "Notebooks" sections
  3. Ticked the box next to "Actions" -> This select my entire 110 notebooks.
  4. Click on "Actions" then "Share"
  5. Make sure all notebooks selected have "Can edit and invite" permissions setup.
  6. Add in the field "Search by name or email" my name
  7. Click on Share.
  8. When done I go back to EN Windows Client and sync.
  9. All permissions have been reapplied and I can "Edit and invite" again on my 110 notebooks.

I would like to mentioned that I am the only Admin of my EN Business account.

Sure @gazumped:)

Ticket# 1774397

The person looking at my case sent me yesterday an EN Beta version build to address this issue (Evernote_6.2.5.3324.exe)

Unfortunately it did not fix the issue. I created a newly notebook after installing the above version and sync EN. Before syncing I could access the new notebook. After syncing the notebook permission was set to "view" only.

And there is still an issue with notebook renaming. My EN Business collaborators can't see the notebook that has been renamed.

1. Just created now 5 new notebooks (EN Business - EN Windows Client v.6.2.5.3324)
  2. Before I sync my EN Windows client I can access ("Edit") the new 5 notebooks (all empty notebooks)
  3. When I sync EN Windows client the 5 notebooks permission get set to "view only" when the sync is finished.
  4. Checking EN Web Admin Console the 5 new notebooks have "Edit and Invite" permission at that moment. EN Windows Client has "view" only.
  5. In EN Web I change the permission to "view" then revert back to "Edit and Invite" for the 5 newly notebooks.
  6. Sync EN Windows Client -> Problem resolved. I can access (Edit) the new 5 notebooks.

Hi,

Same problem. Working with Mac Os and IOS without problems. With the EN Windows client downloaded last week I have the same problem as the other people: users with access and edit permission can not edit a note. When I enter into the note then they can edit it. 

Will be a solution any time soon? Our company can not work until this trouble is fixed.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, MiguelD said:

Hi,

Same problem. Working with Mac Os and IOS without problems. With the EN Windows client downloaded last week I have the same problem as the other people: users with access and edit permission can not edit a note. When I enter into the note then they can edit it. 

Will be a solution any time soon? Our company can not work until this trouble is fixed.

Thanks.

Hi.  Please raise a support ticket if you haven't already done so,  and post the number here.  You should also be able to use the Chat feature to speak to them directly - subject to time zones...

I just received an email from Evernote asking me to install Evernote_6.2.6.3383 version to see if it does fix the problem. I have installed it and will see if we still have the permission issue.

As I mentioned on my Ticket# 1774397 this version do not seem to fix the notebook renaming issue (any notebook name change does not apply on my other EN Business collaborators windows client but does apply on their respective EN Web account).

Can this being look at as well please?

• 3 months later...

Archived