gsv

Opera Clipping the article gives scrambled formatting or truncates text

I'm using the latest version of Evernote in Opera, and lately I've been having trouble clipping pages from allrecipes.com. For instance, if I go to http://allrecipes.com/recipe/87211/chicken-pesto-paninis/, then click the web clipper, then select the "Article" option, then click "+" twice to expand the clipped area (because the auto-selected area does not include the actual recipe), and save it, the formatting is scrambled, as in the attached screenshot.

To work around this, I've tried clipping the printable version of the page (for instance, http://allrecipes.com/recipe/87211/chicken-pesto-paninis/print/?recipeType=Recipe&servings=4), but even though in this case the correct text is auto-selected, the text is truncated in the saved note.

I've also tried the "Simplified Article" option, but that doesn't seem to include the photo.

evernote screenshot.jpg

Hi.  There's another thread around here somewhere about recipe clipping,  which seems to be a difficult thing to do consistently and well.  There's a lot of structure in the layout of most of them.  It's worth sending support the URLs of the web pages that give you most trouble so they can improve the clipper,  but meantime you might want to try screen shots of recipes (if they fit on one screen),  printing the page to PDF,  or one of the many online web page to PDF converters (for longer pages).  None of them are perfect,  but you should get a usable result in most cases.

There's a website quoted in the other thread which might be of interest - http://www.dvo.com/

And one other which has been mentioned elsewhere - https://spoonacular.com/

Thanks gazumped. I followed your support link, but can't for the life of me figure out how to submit a ticket. The screen I am currently on looks like this:

Evernote Support

What can we help you with?Technical Issues- My Account Billing and Payments Technical Issues Feedback and Communication How to use Evernote Evernote Business
Select a topicNotes
What type of note issue?Text formatting

Please submit a ticket and provide as much information as possible so we can diagnose the problem. For example:

• Steps to reproduce
  • Screen recording or screenshots
  • Device & operating system
  • Activity log

Not what you're looking for? Try a quick search.

OR
Talk to other usersCommunityNever sleeps
Upgrade to Premium for chatUpgrade

Upgrade for email supportUpgrade

If I click the "Activity log" link, it takes me to this page:

How to send an Evernote activity log

The Evernote activity log can help our support team track down an issue you're experiencing. To send an activity log:

Mac

1. In the menu, go to: Help > Activity Log...
  2. Click the 'Save As' button to save the log as a file on your computer
  3. Attach this file to a new support ticket or in reply to an existing support ticket email

Windows Desktop

1. In the menu, go to: Help > Activity Log
  2. Click the 'Save As' button to save the log as a file on your computer
  3. Attach this file to a new support ticket or in reply to an existing support ticket email

iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

1. Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the Evernote home screen
  2. Tap Support from the settings menu

To create a new support ticket: tap 'Submit a Support Request', fill out the subject and description, make sure 'Include activity log?' is toggled on, then tap 'Submit'

If you have an open support ticket: tap Activity Log > Mail and follow the instructions in your email for emailing the log

Android

1. Tap the three dots icon, then tap Settings
  2. Tap Support > Send Activity Log then choose an email program

To create a new support ticket: Email the log to yourself, save it to your computer, then attach it to your support ticket

If you have an open support ticket: Follow the instructions in your email for emailing the log

Windows Phone

Tap the three dots icon, then tap contact support

• To create a new support ticket: tap 'Submit a Support Request', fill out the subject and description, make sure 'Include activity log?' is toggled on, then tap the checkmark
  • If you have an open support ticket: tap 'Email Evernote activity log', choose an email program, then follow the instructions in your email for emailing the log

Blackberry

1. In Evernote, swipe downward from the top of the screen
  2. Tap Settings > Support

To create a new support ticket: Email the log to yourself, save it to your computer, then attach it to your support ticket

If you have an open support ticket: Tap 'Send log' then follow the instructions in your email for emailing the log

Evernote Touch for Windows

Open the Charm Bar, then go to Settings > Customer Service

• To create a new support ticket: fill out the subject and description, make sure 'Include activity log?' is toggled on, then tap 'Submit'
  • If you have an open support ticket: tap 'Copy activity logs to clipboard' then paste the clipboard contents in your email reply

The activity log contains a detailed log of steps that Evernote performs and is helpful for diagnosing the problem you may be experiencing. The activity log also contains information about your account, your device, and your location information (if enabled). The titles of your notes, tags, notebooks, attached files, and, if your account was having network syncing errors, some of your note content, may also be contained in the activity log. You may edit the log file to remove anything you do not want to send us. We treat activity log data as confidential information, and the terms of our Privacy Policy apply.

Was this article helpful? 

If I click the "new support ticket" link, it takes me back to where I started.

Hmmn.  That support link can be hard to find...   When you get to

Not what you're looking for? Try a quick search.

Try typing some nonsense characters in the search box.  That might trigger the ticket link.  If that fails, you could try tweetng @EvernoteHelps,  or raise a ticket from your mobile...?

OK - Twitter as a last resort.  (According to their Twitter page Evernote are having trouble with the support ticket system)  :angry: