Lutherian

TIP: How to hack repeating reminders on phone

Just wanted to share a trick that works for me.

I have an evening check list and a morning check list. They change in subtle ways from month to month as required.

I wanted this to remind me every weekday at specific times.

EverNote alarms do not allow for this functionality, so I did the following.

I created the notes as required, and then shared the link to a Google Keep note.

Google Keep allows for repeating reminders and also integrates with Google Calendar, Google Inbox and Google Now.

The logical question might be, why not just write the notes directly into Google Keep.

The short answer is "centralisation" .. if such a word exists.

Google Keep starts to unravel as a system when more than 50 notes appear in the system (IMO) .. no NoteBooks.

But as a reminder system it excels.

Use the strength of each system, synergistically.

Hope it works for you ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lutherian said:

Just wanted to share a trick that works for me.

I have an evening check list and a morning check list. They change in subtle ways from month to month as required.

I wanted this to remind me every weekday at specific times.

EverNote alarms do not allow for this functionality, so I did the following.

I created the notes as required, and then shared the link to a Google Keep note.

Google Keep allows for repeating reminders and also integrates with Google Calendar, Google Inbox and Google Now.

The logical question might be, why not just write the notes directly into Google Keep.

The short answer is "centralisation" .. if such a word exists.

Google Keep starts to unravel as a system when more than 50 notes appear in the system (IMO) .. no NoteBooks.

But as a reminder system it excels.

Use the strength of each system, synergistically.

Hope it works for you ;)

Awesome thinking outside the box. :) Love the way you are bringing systems together.

An alternative that I use is FollowUpThen, a service which sends you an email at an appointed time.  In my case I created a recurring reminder on FUT for 8 AM every day.  I pasted the link to the note in the reminder such that when the email arrives I click on the link and the note opens in EN.  FWIW.