I generally find the EN discussions to be more often than not a frustrating experience, mostly due to combative commentary from a small but vocal subset.  I'm interested in starting a EN support community that has a focus on true user support and new feature requests/implementation, heavily-moderated to encourage a supportive and pro-active approach to the EN community.

Of course, it would have to be off this site, unless EN is interested in having something like that in a moderated forum here on their site.  So if anyone has suggestions on a good service to use for that purpose, let me know (I'm thinking maybe a members-only FB page or something quick and easy to set-up, manage and moderate.

Best,

David

Thank-you!  I actually decided to start a support community of my own, and have already created it as a Facebook group.  You would be welcome to join, and can find it at:

http://www.facebook.com/EverNoteEverAfter

Please come by and join, if you like!

I'll check out this Reddit group as well. :)

David

That's a good idea, @David Reed. Unfortunately, I'm not on FB; but I do find myself selecting the threads I want to respond to pretty carefully here, avoiding the snark-fests as much as possible (in part because I know I am tempted to snark it up myself).

@DTLow, thanks for the Reddit link. I'm not a Reddit user either, but at just a glance it didn't seem hugely more useful than the forums here, though perhaps a little less spiteful.

Sometimes I think the problems here come from the fact that EN is so good at what it does, it seems like it could be perfect, if only they would..... So someone suggests that they do ...., and also asks them to fix..... When this does not happen immediately, or even within a few months or a couple of years, some become enraged, since it so obvious that doing ..... and fixing .... would achieve perfection, and EN is just too perversely blind to see it. IOW, EN is too good not to attract perfectionists (like me), who can't be satisfied with good enough (for free). I can't blame folks for getting frustrated; but very little gets accomplished by outrage.

15 hours ago, David Reed said:

I generally find the EN discussions to be more often than not a frustrating experience, mostly due to combative commentary from a small but vocal subset.  I'm interested in starting a EN support community that has a focus on true user support and new feature requests/implementation, heavily-moderated to encourage a supportive and pro-active approach to the EN community.

Of course, it would have to be off this site, unless EN is interested in having something like that in a moderated forum here on their site.  So if anyone has suggestions on a good service to use for that purpose, let me know (I'm thinking maybe a members-only FB page or something quick and easy to set-up, manage and moderate.

Best,

David

Well, good luck with your forum. As - I'm guessing -- one of the small but vocal subset you refer to, I'd like to point out that most of the members of that vocal subset actually spend substantial amounts of their time providing true user support here, helping other users with their problems, providing workarounds, and pointing them to other resources. It's often as effective and quick as if they'd been helped  by Evernote Customer Service, and it's unpaid as well. It's really a mark of how useful they find Evernote and how much they want others to appreciate Evernote as well; the flip side being that they they tend to have strong opinions about it, and that can lead to less positive forum behaviors, so not always a great thing. Regardless, many users are helped by the community here, for free, and without drama. But these forums are moderated, albeit lightly, and strong opinions, even those that are anti-Evernote, are welcome. It's not for everyone, I do understand, so again, I'll wish you good luck.

• Like 2