Moving multiple tagged items into a notebook

Hello,

I have spent a frustrating hour searching through help and forums for what should be a simple action, a simple, obvious question to answer and a simple solution.

So I have 90+ notes tagged with a specific name. I want to know shift them into a notebook of their own. I created the notebook name. I can call up all the hashtags, but there seems to be no mechanism to move them all, only individually. Surely this ability must exist, but I cannot see the option in the user interface.

Would someone please advise on this? Seems crazy that it can't be done. I have a free account.

Thank you

• Level 5*

If Windows desktop, do a search on the tag, hit Ctrl-A, right click and select Move to Notebook.  If you are on the web, not sure you can do a bulk move there.  Which platform are you using?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, karmacomnyc said:

I have spent a frustrating hour searching through help and forums for what should be a simple action, a simple, obvious question to answer and a simple solution.

So I have 90+ notes tagged with a specific name. I want to know shift them into a notebook of their own. I created the notebook name. I can call up all the hashtags, but there seems to be no mechanism to move them all, only individually. Surely this ability must exist, but I cannot see the option in the user interface.

Would someone please advise on this? Seems crazy that it can't be done. I have a free account.

On my Mac, I can select a group of notes and do a mass change

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 3.45.29 PM.png

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, karmacomnyc said:

Always better to state which Evernote client you're using (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web, etc.); it makes it much easier to give you specific help.

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, karmacomnyc said:

I am using the web client, since I am working on a temporary computer (PC not MAC) and do not have the app installed.

Neither of the suggestions you note seem to be enabled on the web version,

You can do this using the web client, but you'll need to switch to the old version (you can switch back afterwards if you prefer the new version): Go to your Account Settings, on the Account Summary tab, look for Evernote Web, and click on "Go back to old version". You should now be able to select multiple notes using Ctrl+Click, and move them all to the same notebook on the multiple selection panel that appears in the note display area.

Archived