Sidebar: "Shortcuts", "Recent Notes" keep re-appearing.

Thomas Smith

Idea

Hi,

This has never been the case for me but recently when I disable to view "Shortcuts" and "Recent Notes" in the sidebar on Mac OS X El Capitan, they keep reappearing when you either close the window and open a new one or start Evernote. How do I stop these options from haunting me? This did not happen say a month ago. Is there a setting on my part or is this something that was introduced recently?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Thomas Smith said:

This has never been the case for me but recently when I disable to view "Shortcuts" and "Recent Notes" in the sidebar on Mac OS X El Capitan, they keep reappearing when you either close the window and open a new one or start Evernote. How do I stop these options from haunting me? This did not happen say a month ago. Is there a setting on my part or is this something that was introduced recently

I understand this issue was resolved with the latest versionn

31 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I understand this issue was resolved with the latest versionn

I run version Version 6.8 (453749 App Store) and it still persists.

So it's safe to assume that a developer will resolve this in a future release and I don't have to tinker with anything as an end user?

-EDIT: Thank you for the reply! 

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Thomas Smith said:

I run version Version 6.8 (453749 App Store) and it still persists.

So it's safe to assume that a developer will resolve this in a future release and I don't have to tinker with anything as an end user?

-EDIT: Thank you for the reply! 

Did you notice I mentioned it being resolved in the latest version, and that I'm on EN Version 6.9 Beta 1 (453816 Direct) 

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Did you notice I mentioned it being resolved in the latest version, and that I'm on EN Version 6.9 Beta 1 (453816 Direct) 

When you said latest version I naturally jumped to the conclusion that it was released and not a beta since it wasn't specified.

Thank you for the info!

On 8/18/2016 at 1:39 AM, Thomas Smith said:

Hi,

This has never been the case for me but recently when I disable to view "Shortcuts" and "Recent Notes" in the sidebar on Mac OS X El Capitan, they keep reappearing when you either close the window and open a new one or start Evernote. How do I stop these options from haunting me? This did not happen say a month ago. Is there a setting on my part or is this something that was introduced recently?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas

Hi @Thomas Smith,

Please refer to this thread in the Mac Help section:

Thank you!

Archived