2017 Calendar

Does Evernote plan to continue releasing calendars? The 2016 calendars worked well and I would like to continue using them, but I have 2017 appointments already piling up and Evernote has not released any 2017 calendars.

I've tried using MS Word calendars and pasting them into Evernote, but Evernote chokes on the formatting.

Thanks,

Tim

• Level 5*

Hi.  I didn't even realise that Evernote issued 2016 Calendars (sorry Evernote...:() but 1) they don't usually announce release dates/ confirm development plans,  and 2) I haven't seen any 2017 diaries around yet (although I'm sure they are) so it's probably a bit early in the season for them to roll out the new stuff.  Short term I'd say: keep an alternate temporary appointment system running for 2017.  Personally I use TickTick for calendar dates with links back to notes if there's supporting material. 

FYI, here's the link to the 2016 calendars: https://blog.evernote.com/in/2015/12/17/announcing-the-evernote-2016-calendar/

Copy-pasting from the timeanddate.com website loses the column/row borders, and is unlovely, but could be made to work.

But I'd rather not have to keep a separate temporary calendar for 2017. If Evernote will continue what it started and make 2017 available soon, I'll wait. If not, I'll find something else. But it would be nice to know if it's decided to discontinue its calendar concept or not.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Tim Kowal said:

Does Evernote plan to continue releasing calendars? The 2016 calendars worked well and I would like to continue using them, but I have 2017 appointments already piling up and Evernote has not released any 2017 calendars.

I've tried using MS Word calendars and pasting them into Evernote, but Evernote chokes on the formatting.

I see Evernote templates here but no 2017 calendars

I'm curious about your use for this.  I'd think any of the cloud calendars would be a better solution.

I use Apple Calendar, and I know Google Calendar is popular.

I also use Cronofy Calendar Connector, so my notes with a reminder date appear in the calendar.  This allows me to create a note for appointments etc

23 hours ago, Tim Kowal said:

Thanks,

Tim

Hi @Tim Kowal,

We released the 2016 Calendar templates in December of last year, but are working to release the 2017 templates a bit earlier this year. I do not have a specific timeframe I am able to provide, unfortunately. 

I hope that helps!

On 8/16/2016 at 6:21 PM, DTLow said:

I'm curious about your use for this.  I'd think any of the cloud calendars would be a better solution.

I use Apple Calendar, and I know Google Calendar is popular.

I also use Cronofy Calendar Connector, so my notes with a reminder date appear in the calendar.  This allows me to create a note for appointments etc

I already have cloud-calendar overload.

My law-firm calendar syncs to Outlook, which syncs to Google, which syncs with my wife's Google calendar.

If I want to see what I have to do today -- just me, not my associates, not my family, just whether I have a court appearance or a filing deadline that could get me sanctioned if I miss -- I have to wade through sometimes dozens of other events. Including three duplicate reminders for every holiday.

So no, I don't want another cloud calendar. I want a calendar that's just for me.

And I like having that calendar in Evernote because I can link to my notes -- e.g., if I have a filing deadline, I can link to the document I have to file, or to the court order that set the deadline.

They made the calendars editable. And I'd guess that you already have templates for each of the seven variations a month can have. You just need to charge the month title and possibly add or remove numbers at the end of the month.

2 minutes ago, Candid said:

They made the calendars editable. And I'd guess that you already have templates for each of the seven variations a month can have. You just need to charge the month title and possibly add or remove numbers at the end of the month.

January 1, 2017 is a Sunday. January 1, 2016 was a Friday. All the 2017 months start on different days than the 2016 months. The day numbering for the entire year would need to be updated.

2 hours ago, Tim Kowal said:

My law-firm calendar syncs to Outlook, which syncs to Google, which syncs with my wife's Google calendar.

If I want to see what I have to do today -- just me, not my associates, not my family, just whether I have a court appearance or a filing deadline that could get me sanctioned if I miss -- I have to wade through sometimes dozens of other events. Including three duplicate reminders for every holiday.

So no, I don't want another cloud calendar. I want a calendar that's just for me.

And I like having that calendar in Evernote because I can link to my notes -- e.g., if I have a filing deadline, I can link to the document I have to file, or to the court order that set the deadline.

Have you considered using Google Forms? You could set up an appointment booking form and use that to input all the things that you need and then map it to your calendar of choice.

• Level 5*
On 8/16/2016 at 7:43 PM, Tim Kowal said:

Copy-pasting from the timeanddate.com website loses the column/row borders, and is unlovely, but could be made to work.

This actually worked fine for me...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Tim Kowal said:

If your system works for you, there's nothing wrong with it.  However I wouldn't want my events piling up - I get them into a calendar as soon as they come up.

I thought one of the benefits of the online calendars was that you could have separate calendars.  You can have a merged view, but you could also view a Me calendar

2 hours ago, Tim Kowal said:

January 1, 2017 is a Sunday. January 1, 2016 was a Friday. All the 2017 months start on different days than the 2016 months. The day numbering for the entire year would need to be updated.

Find a month that the first is a Sunday, change the title to January, add 31 if needed. January is good to go. 

• 2 months later...

On 8/17/2016 at 4:50 PM, BSR said:

Hi @Tim Kowal,

We released the 2016 Calendar templates in December of last year, but are working to release the 2017 templates a bit earlier this year. I do not have a specific timeframe I am able to provide, unfortunately. 

I hope that helps!

I'm wondering if there is an update available on the time frame?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 1:50 PM, BSR said:

Hi @Tim Kowal,

I hope that helps!

Hi BSR, is there an update on when Everclear will be releasing the 2017 monthly calendars? They're helpful for scheduling etc.. It would be useful to start using them for next year. Thanks

Back in August of 2016 we had a post that said we might get 2017 Calendar Templates earlier then December. Its now at the end of November 2016 and notta yet. Ok Ok we will pay extra for them... (see what i did there, now we will get them) you just have to understand their business model. 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Steve Durgin said:

Back in August of 2016 we had a post that said we might get 2017 Calendar Templates earlier then December. Its now at the end of November 2016 and notta yet. Ok Ok we will pay extra for them... (see what i did there, now we will get them) you just have to understand their business model. 

Bribery seems not to be required - the 2017 calendar and other goodies are here - https://evernote.com/templates/

Thanks for that link, but i really would have paid. Have a great day!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Tessa ten Tusscher said:

Any news on this? We are heading into December and it would be nice to have:)

What news are you looking for.  The calendar has been created and @gazumped posted the link

I tried downloading the 2017 calendar template and I'm having problems using it.

When I type something in the day, the columns move and I have to manually hit Enter to go to the next line.  In the 2015 and 2016 calendars, the columns were fixed.  Can anybody help with this?

• Level 5*

Hi - what you see is (currently) all we have - no sign whether Evernote will add more.  Don't know how you could 'fix' a column width in a table - keeping cell sizes small could mean using smaller text,  or maybe saving a note link in a cell instead of long meeting details.  Put your appointments in separate notes and link from/ to the calendar.

Other than that - maybe keep a week-to-a-glance list of 5 (7?) cells in a line to allow more space?

On 12/5/2016 at 1:35 AM, iris0906 said:

I tried downloading the 2017 calendar template and I'm having problems using it.

When I type something in the day, the columns move and I have to manually hit Enter to go to the next line.  In the 2015 and 2016 calendars, the columns were fixed.  Can anybody help with this?

I'm having the same problem.  I guess we could take the 2016 calendars and alter them to 2017.

• Level 5*
On 12/5/2016 at 1:35 AM, iris0906 said:

From Evernote, no way that I know of. What you could do -- if you're using a desktop Evernote client -- is export the 2016 calendar to ENML format (or look at it in the ENML Editor), and see what they did to the tables, then export the 2017 calendar to ENML format, and apply the 2016 changes, and import it back into Evernote.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:10 PM, jefito said:

From Evernote, no way that I know of. What you could do -- if you're using a desktop Evernote client -- is export the 2016 calendar to ENML format (or look at it in the ENML Editor), and see what they did to the tables, then export the 2017 calendar to ENML format, and apply the 2016 changes, and import it back into Evernote.

Or I could just edit the 2016 calendar.  :(  But you would think that Evernote would be able to solve this since the 2016 calendar templates were quite good.  And since I'm paying for Premium... :angry:

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Just a quick question, why do people use EN over dedicated calendar apps? :/ 

I use both - in fact my tasks are synced to my calendar (Cronofy Calendar Connector)

I like the display in Evernote

• using saved searches, I can include/exclude items
    For example my current task list excludes completed and future dated items
    and I can review tasks by project
  • I can add extensive notes, and cross referencing

I like the display in a dedicated calendar app
- the daily/weekly/mothly grid
- the notification features

edited: Just realized the topic you're posting in
I have no idea why people want this calendar template.  It seems to be something my mother had posted on the wall in the pre-digital age:)

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, iris0906 said:

Or I could just edit the 2016 calendar.  :(  But you would think that Evernote would be able to solve this since the 2016 calendar templates were quite good.  And since I'm paying for Premium... :angry:

I think you won't see anything about free Calendars in your Premium subscription feature set. The calendars are free, after all...

• Level 5*
On 13/12/2016 at 2:41 AM, bibliblog said:

Hi there, I asked for the 2017 calendar on twitter. Evernote answered me : Have a look there :bit.ly/2hgbT55  there is only montly calendar but this one could could help. Enjoy !

Yup.  Here's the same link I posted earlier...

On 28/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, gazumped said:

Bribery seems not to be required - the 2017 calendar and other goodies are here - https://evernote.com/templates/

On 12/12/2016 at 6:40 PM, GiacomoLaw said:

I use both actually.  I have my tasks and schedules on google calendar.  But I use Evernote to track what I've done and see it at a glance.  I am trying to lose weight so I have a calendar for exercises and food.  The food, I hyperlink to the recipes in another note.  I know there are probably other apps for that but I've gotten comfortable with Evernote in 2015 to 2016.  If it really doesn't work in 2017, of course I could always consider using other apps. 

On 12/12/2016 at 2:40 AM, GiacomoLaw said:

I went back to using Google Calendar. Yes, it is better in the obvious ways, and in fact at first I forgot why I left it. But the difference is that between electronic and paper. Pen and paper is limited, but it is more personal, you tend to remember your upcoming weeks and months because you manually entered the events on sheets with physical dimensions. You can write in small type or big-and-bold. EN is closer to that then full-featured digital calendars.

While I'm at it, here's just one Google-Calendar annoyance: you can use Reminders on the app, but not on the web; you can use Events on the web, but not on the app. So the only thing you're left with that you can see whether your at your desk on mobile are the old-fashioned timed events.That's soooo much better than an EN calendar... why?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem with 2017 Monthly calendar day cell expanding BUT it ONLY happens for January and not the other months. I understand this is a "freebie"  but who created  it, Evernote or a Evernote user?  Never the less, it would seem its author could easy fix it and not have a broken product in the system generating needless forum queries.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, eyenote said:

Never the less, it would seem its author could easy fix it and not have a broken product in the system generating needless forum queries.

This is not something I use but I'm sure its easily fixable.  Why not go into the html code and fix it yourself

On 12/12/2016 at 5:40 AM, GiacomoLaw said:

I've used the Evernote calendars as planning calendar when working to move houses this summer. It helped to layout the two months. I could spot bottlenecks and empty spots where I could fill in with tasks. 

I have created an Evernote Template for 2017 that I use for a daily log of my programming and other events.  It features daily entries with the date, day of the week, and day number of the year.  There are also entries at the start of the week with the week numbers and of course entries at the start of each month.  You can read about it and download the Evernote exchange format file (.enex) in the article Keeping a Daily Log in Evernote.  The link for the template is just above the screenshot of the Evernote note at the end of the article.

The second half of the article focuses on the program code used to create the template and you don't have to understand that to use the template.  Maybe later I will enhance the program to add selections for different date formats, colors, start of the week day, etc.

Here is an example of my first days of this year using the template:

Jan 2017

2017.01.01 Sun - (001)

Judy and Floyd's parties.

Local Hexo not available error: On laptop, hexo init was not performed, source downloaded from Git and Node Modules folder was in the Git ignore file.

=== Week 1 ===

2017.01.02 Mon - (002)

Take down Xmas tree.

2017.01.03 Tue - (003)

Clean up basement

• Level 5*

@Fred Peters - thanks for posting.  It's an interesting widget,  and blazing fast at producing a complete calendar for 2017.  My only comment would be that negotiating to a given day later in the year is going to be non-trivial on a mobile device - long notes are harder to navigate than short ones.  I tend to get wordy in my daily notes too (surprise) so after a month or two this is going to be a l-o-n-g text note if I added all the commentary I normally do now...  It would be better (IMHO) to have some options to generate 12 x 1-monthly notes,  or 52 x 1-weekly with appropriate headings. 

What I might do is duplicate the note I just made into a new 'diary' notebook x 12 and edit each one to a single month... - but that's just me.  ;)

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-07 at 10:31 AM, Fred Peters said:

I have created an Evernote Template for 2017 that I use for a daily log of my programming and other events.  It features daily entries with the date, day of the week, and day number of the year.

Like @gazumped, I'm not enthused about the all in one note journal

I use a separate note for each day
I have a template to start me off, and I use an Applescript on my Mac to create the note and set the title with the date
My daily journal template can be accessed here

I also use ifttt to email me the daily weather report so I will have at least one thing to add to my journal

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I am trying to download the calendar, the yearly, monthly and weekly. When I press save I get this error:

Unable to process your request
???SharedNote.saveNote.unknown???

I have tried to save in different notebooks but it seems that is not the issue.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Sorry about the import problem, I have only imported from the Evernote Windows application.  Apparently this is a known problem.  I have attached a Word document with a copy of the template.  Open the document, copy the entire contents to the clipboard, and paste it into a new Evernote note.

Thanks for the other feedback on the app/template.  I'll try to add monthly selections to the application and create an installer so that non-programmers can make use of it.

EverlogJan 2017.docx

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Fred Peters said:

Sorry about the import problem

Hi Fred.  The latest comments (or mine,  at least) are about the 'official' Evernote calendar link,  not about your template!  There seems to be an issue about shared note URLs...

Sorry for the delayed response. I see the monthly link broken. I could not get it now either. I am attaching .Enex file with this post. 

I administer lot of online classes Sanskrit classes taught in Hindi which were recorded using a conference service. I use this calendar app to keep track of what was taught on any given day. 

I do not flood the calendar - just some hyperlinked info. see the attached screneshot. 

2017_Monthly Calendar.enex

screenshot.png

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 09/05/2017 at 0:22 AM, 9ZACHARY11 said:

I was able to add Evernote weekly calender, but theres a lock on it and when I try to unlock it, it says you need to contact notebook owner. But I am the notebook owner...

Hi.  You added a weekly calendar from where?  There's nothing like that on the Evernote page...

Archived