Strange display behavior, might be a cache bug

Hi, 

Today I encounter a situation shown in attached screenshots,

in the main page of Evernote, the preview of one of my note shows extra text, 

while the note itself does not contain these text.

I censored out some sensitive info, but in comparison of the two screenshots it should still be clear that

my original note only contains two line, while in the preview there are some more text,

and this piece of  text seem not making complete sentence, for non-chinese readers here's the translate of the first line:

"Right of claims your careless this time and story death toll this time next day hour day no lawyer : :-SS |-O times"

( I translate by myself instead of translate machines, it was gibberish originally)

I guess this might be kind of bug, causes the application cache wrong text data from some wrong place,

and I worry this might in some cases cause personal information leak, 

My smartphone is Sony Z5 Module E6653, Android version 6.0.1, this happened in 2016/08/16 

Please check out this problem, thank you.

Best regards,

Laspio767

Screenshot_20160816-174800.png

Screenshot_20160816-174807.png.png

Hello @Laspio767,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. It does seem a bit weird that the note preview would have the content, but not the body of the note. I would like to get some more information to see what could be causing this.

• Was the content originally created in Evernote or was it brought in through the Web Clipper (Add to Evernote)?
  • It this just happening with that one particular note?
  • Does the note preview/content appear the same on the Evernote website as well?

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

1. This note was created in Evernote on my Sony phone. More precisely, it was created before, and I edited it yesterday, and after I saved it, the aforementioned situation occured. (The creation was done on my previous HTC smartphone, and the edit is done on my current Sony Z5 phone) 

2. Once I notice this situation, I wrote the previous article, so far there are no other similar situation on other notes, and this was never seen before.

(might also because other notes are long enough to fill up entire preview block)

3. Yes, it is also seen on the web version

Thank you!

Archived