Isadore Braun

Quick question re: Quick note (Menu bar)

When you create a quick note via menu bar, the title doubles in the body of the note (see attached image). This seems redundant, and I end up deleting the repeated line in the note. Is there an option to prevent this behaviour? Thanks.

ever.jpg

Hi there @Isadore Braun, thanks for reporting this. I am able to reproduce this issue on my Mac as well. I'm going to follow up on this with our Technical Support team and will get back to you as soon as I have more information!

5 hours ago, BSR said:

Hi there @Isadore Braun, thanks for reporting this. I am able to reproduce this issue on my Mac as well. I'm going to follow up on this with our Technical Support team and will get back to you as soon as I have more information!

You, my friend... rock! Thanks. 

Hi @Isadore Braun,

I have followed up with our development team on this and this is actually by design. The expected behavior is that the Quick Note saved with the Evernote Helper will retain the first line as a title so you don't have to go back in, find the note, and retitle it.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BSR said:

Hi @Isadore Braun,

I have followed up with our development team on this and this is actually by design. The expected behavior is that the Quick Note saved with the Evernote Helper will retain the first line as a title so you don't have to go back in, find the note, and retitle it.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

An odd design choice, but I'll live with it.

Could we please revisit this issue? Use the first line as the note title is awesome, but can that line also be removed from the note body? It drives me nuts to see the first line repeated in both title and body, to the point where I simply avoid using Quick Note now. Will you guys at least consider offering an "remove title line from body" option in the Quick Note preferences? Thanks!

On 11/30/2016 at 6:23 PM, linhb said:

Could we please revisit this issue? Use the first line as the note title is awesome, but can that line also be removed from the note body? It drives me nuts to see the first line repeated in both title and body, to the point where I simply avoid using Quick Note now. Will you guys at least consider offering an "remove title line from body" option in the Quick Note preferences? Thanks!

Hi @linhb, I'd recommend starting a thread over at the Mac Product Feedback section so others can up-vote the idea.

Mac Product Feedback

Thanks!