REQUEST: Setting for multipage PDF saved as sequenced single page PDFs

ZFink

Idea

I use Scannable to scan receipts for my business, and I often let a dozen or so pile up before I scan.

I'd love to be able to toggle a setting that allows me to snap scans of multiple documents one after another, but when I save the files, Scannable splits them up into individual single page PDFs with file names that increase sequentially.

For example, if I scan 12 receipts all at once, instead of creating a single 12 page PDF, I'd like the option for Scannable to create 12 individual PDFs with a name I choose (like receipt) with incremental suffixes so it would create: receipt_001, receipt_002, receipt_003... through receipt_012

Right now, after every scan, I have to tap the check box, then the SAVE button, and then Save in the upper right corner in between each receipt. Super slow, especially when my receipts get out of control!

Thanks!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

OK - here's the obligatory totally-unwanted work-around suggestion: ScanSnap (and I assume other scanners) offers the option of scanning multiple pages either to one PDF,  or to one PDF per page.  Use a desktop scanner and you shouldn't have a problem.  The issue with mobile scanners may be that processing power / storage space may be insufficient to deal with the extra over head of multiple PDFs per scan.  It's a valid suggestion though - lets see how many clicks you get on the top left counter...

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

OK - here's the obligatory totally-unwanted work-around suggestion: ScanSnap (and I assume other scanners) offers the option of scanning multiple pages either to one PDF,  or to one PDF per page.  Use a desktop scanner and you shouldn't have a problem.  The issue with mobile scanners may be that processing power / storage space may be insufficient to deal with the extra over head of multiple PDFs per scan.  It's a valid suggestion though - lets see how many clicks you get on the top left counter...

I have a ScanSnap and when I have a ton of stuff built up I use the Scan as Note feature which puts each page in it's own note. Now I do multiple page documents after all my single documents so I can just scan those in as a PDF. 

Archived