Evernote Labs: Try Out Web Clipper Prototypes

rubenb

Idea

We are currently working very hard on better ways to clip web sites. We build a prototype for Chrome that we'd like you to try. Prototypes are different from beta software because prototypes may never be released. If you like to try the prototype, you will need to sign up for Evernote Labs and make sure that you specify Chrome as your browser of choice:

Sign-up for Evernote Labs

What can you expect to happen? You'll need to click through a couple of questions and agree to a NDA. When the prototype is ready, you'll receive an e-mail with concrete details about the prototype.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 8/12/2016 at 8:52 AM, rubenb said:

What can you expect to happen? You'll need to click through a couple of questions and agree to a NDA. When the prototype is ready, you'll receive an e-mail with concrete details about the prototype.

@Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy @akrde @nicobro88

I filled this out quite some time ago and marked Chrome, and I haven't received an email, either. So my guess is, the prototype isn't ready yet.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Lexbrkly said:

I applied and received an email a few hours later. I can confirm the prototype is ready and working.

*Impatiently waits for an email*

tumblr_lqv1k1Uv5D1qgkrey.png

Well the good news is that it seems to solve the scrambled text problem. Pages that are unreadable in clipper are ok. There is only a simplified view available at the moment, which would not suit my needs long term, so I hope EN are not ditching the range of options available in the current clipper.  The preview of the simplified view is very different from what you get in Evernote Windows, especially for tables.  The link below gives the original article (full screen from webclipper), a screen shot of part of the preview and the actual meister clipper version

http://www.evernote.com/l/AT3D12NQA_pB06BkDRPhRMBJAUar_HOKrfY/

It is also very slow

Perhaps rather than trying to mend something that you broke you should just revert back to the version before you broke it (6.7.1) and get on with fixing some of the other bugs that need sorting. 

Same here...

I have some feedback already but I'm not sure this is the place you want me to share it.

Also, I think it would be a good idea if you could share more info about what you are trying to accomplish with this prototype and what you are focusing to improve. Besides that, it would be nice to have the chance to add notes to the rating system to explain what's good/bad with the clips.

I still can't get the Meister Clipper to work properly. I'm just asked to re-authorize (since it's already authorized for a year) and then it takes me to the presentation, which leads me to a dead link and doesn't authorize the clipper. I too would like to give some feedback, but unclear where I should at this point, so I'm just hopping on this bandwagon.

6 hours ago, nicobro88 said:

Also, I think it would be a good idea if you could share more info about what you are trying to accomplish with this prototype and what you are focusing to improve. 

I agree that some context would be useful. Meanwhile the new update to webclipper released today (6.9.2) seems to solve the problems I was having. I'm therefore also at a loss as to what this new version is trying to achieve - which makes me worry that we are going to be forced down a compulsory simplified text approach, where all our clips are going to be coerced into some bland house style. Please tell me I'm wrong!

We sent out two batches of invitations over the past two weeks.
If somebody in this forum registered for Labs but didn't get an invite, please let me know (via private message or by sending email to labs AT evernote.com).

We mentioned a forum for Evernote Labs. It's only accessible by beta users and I currently have no easy way to add labs users. 
For now, please send your feedback via email to labs AT evernote.com. Thanks for your time!

Archived