Reinstall Quick Note Widget

I had the note widget set to put notes into a notebook called "0 - from phone" and all was working well.

The other day, from the desktop, I accidentally deleted that notebook rather than a note in it. I therefore recreated the notebook and copied the notes that were it it and the desktop was OK.

Then I noticed that notes from the phone were going into my default notebook rather than the one above that I had recreated and was showing on the phone.

As I could not see anyway to change the widget settings, I deleted the widget and tried to reinstall it but the OK button did nothing and the widget would not reappear.

I therefore deleted the EverNote app and reinstalled it. I still cannot reinstall the quick note widget.

Any help would be great as this is so frustrating and was so useful to me. Just to get the widget back would be enough! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  What phone are you using?  Have you tried uninstall / restart / reinstall?  Sync the phone over wifi so that your "0-from phone" notebook is copied down from the server,  then have another go at setting up the link.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What phone are you using?  Have you tried uninstall / restart / reinstall?  Sync the phone over wifi so that your "0-from phone" notebook is copied down from the server,  then have another go at setting up the link.

Many thanks for replying. I have a BLU Advance 4.0 L. I think I have tried what you have kindly suggested. I see that the process EvernoteWidgetListServices is still running although I have no icon. This is presumably why I cannot reinstall the widget as EverNote thinks it is already installed. I don't know how to kill this process as I am very new to Android. Uninstalling EverNote does not seem to be a clean uninstall.

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Did you include restarting the phone?  Uninstalling won't necessarily clear out any running processes,  but powering off after an uninstall should shut them down.

Well..... I was sure I had done all that  but went through it again (forth or so time) and now it works - almost OK. It did not show  the notebook I wanted for some reason so I selected one that was there and all is fine. Many thanks for your kind guidance which is very much appreciated.

Archived