Would like note titling to source from Calendar like it does on iOS

Chris Nehren

Idea

I use Evernote on iOS and OS X, and I have many calendar entries. On iOS, Evernote intelligently titles my notes based on the calendar events happening when I create the notes. I'd like this feature on OS X, as well. The code already exists on iOS, and it should be fairly simple to bring it over to OS X (mostly the same APIs, I think); it just needs to happen.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The delay might not be how difficult it would be to port code from IOS to OS X,  but whether this can be implemented on other OS's since Evernote do try to hamonise the app's features on all supported platforms.  And if it could be implemented,  should they commit resources to doing so - is it something that the majority of customer would find useful,  or would it just generate tons of complaints along the lines of "how does this software know it's my birthday today".  If it is accepted as a future development,  odds are it won't be soon...

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, Chris Nehren said:

I use Evernote on iOS and OS X, and I have many calendar entries. On iOS, Evernote intelligently titles my notes based on the calendar events happening when I create the notes. I'd like this feature on OS X, as well. The code already exists on iOS, and it should be fairly simple to bring it over to OS X (mostly the same APIs, I think); it just needs to happen.

Its not a feature I use; most of my notes are totally unrelated to my calendar entries.

Until this is implemented, you might want to use a script to generate default titles.
I use an applescript to create new notes (documented here).  It applies a templates and generates titles and tags.

Archived