Double Tapping a Checkbox started presentation mode

JohnMarshallSmart

Idea

6 replies to this idea

Hi there, 

It's by design to double click on an image and have Evernote go to Presentation Mode. In the current version of our text editor, checkboxes are technically images, therefore when double clicked on, Presentation Mode opens. 

I'll go ahead and file a report to change this in the future. Thank you. 

• Level 5*

I have honestly considered dropping to the PLUS plan to get rid of the Presentation Mode. I'll never use that, or if I do, I want it to be like PowerPOint. It only happens when I launch it. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, BSR said:

This is actually by design.

I don't see this behavior in Windows, so I have to ask, what was the thought behind double clicking a checkbox launching Presentation Mode?  Doesn't seem very intuitive to me ..

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I don't see this behavior in Windows, so I have to ask, what was the thought behind double clicking a checkbox launching Presentation Mode?  Doesn't seem very intuitive to me ..

Same thing happens with images in a Mac. Double-click them and you jump in presentation mode. I don't get it either. Double-click it in Windows and it opens in your preferred Windows image editor.  \_(ツ)_/¯

On 8/10/2016 at 0:17 PM, nicolml said:

In the current version of our text editor, checkboxes are technically images, therefore when double clicked on, Presentation Mode opens. 

I'll go ahead and file a report to change this in the future. Thank you. 

Please, please, please and thank you! This "feature" is mind bogglingly frustrating when trying to use checkboxes for Todo list with Evernote and another window open side by side. If Evernote isn't in focus, the click isn't passed to the checkbox itself and a too-rapid second click is? A double click. Hello Presentation mode every time I try to mark something complete!

Archived