[FEATURE REQUEST] - Annotate Any Existing Note

3mdcom

Idea

One of the greatest features of Evernote is the ability to grab ideas from other sources such as websites or photos.  But when you get the time to review these sources, it would be extremely awesome if we had the ability to easily annotate them right in Evernote using apple pencil or any other input device similar to what you can do with other applications such as "iAnnotate PDF".  If it were all integrated into Evernote and I would not have to export/import to another application it would take Evernote to a level well beyond anything the competition has.

Please add this feature ASAP... make my life so much easier.

6 replies to this idea

I think currently you can annotate notes by converting them to PDFs. However, once your note is converted to PDF, you will not be able to edit your note. For the time being, maybe converting your note to PDF and then annotating them may help make things easier. Hope Evernote brings Annotate for notes without the need to convert to PDF.

I'm voting up this post.

The PDF conversion is a option but quite annoying and time consuming considering the amount of steps and quantity of notes I would annotate.  The way I think it would work would be a 2nd layer or multiple layers over the original note allowing hand written notes and any other annotations to be stored in a different format that is convenient for Evernote.  And of coarse it could be exported as a PDF.

The layering would make more sense when you consider the business edition of Evernote and multiple users.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, cduong13 said:

"Converting to PDF " is still handy. However, it is not an option in iOS i believe. Please make it in iOS also. 

You can research the forums to find work arounds.  I’m able to convert notes to pdf format on my iPad.

IOS 11 (beta) has added a “Markup As PDF” share function which can be used to convert notes to  pdf format, and do annotations  http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/06/how-to-quickly-markup-share-screenshots-ios-11.html

I think it would just simplify the whole process if when the user chooses to annotate a note in Evernote, it automatically was converted to PDF.  But to annotate a note in a browser or native client does not require a PDF.  You can easily draw to a png and then use HTML z-index layering.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, 3mdcom said:

But to annotate a note in a browser or native client does not require a PDF.  You can easily draw to a png and then use HTML z-index layering.

I’m not that familiar with html layering, but generally html is not a good format for annotation.  Evernote would need to devise a different format to support this.  

I’m satisfied with the pdf/jpg formats

>>it would just simplify the whole process if when the user chooses to annotate a note in Evernote, it automatically was converted to PDF

A good idea.  You should post that as a new request.  
I think that’s the idea with the new IOS Markup-as-PDF feature

Archived