Save opened windows

King Lui

Idea

At the Moment when I restart my Mac Evernote doesn't open the windows i had opened before the reboot. I have a multi monitor setup where i have multiple evernote windows of different notes on one screen. Every time I reboot, I have to search evernote and open up all my standard notes and position them on that screen. Other Apps like Apple Mail remember opened windows and where they were positioned.

I think Apple built an API for that feature a few years ago so I think it is not that hard to accomplish.

Would be awesome if that feature got implemented.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

When I'm in that situation - working on a project or whatever - I save the note links for my 'notes in progress' into a temporary separate notebook or a project parent note so I can open all of them quickly.  It's also possible to add note links to your home pages / desktop as shortcuts,  or include them in a startup file so one click does all.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, King Lui said:

At the Moment when I restart my Mac Evernote doesn't open the windows i had opened before the reboot. I have a multi monitor setup where i have multiple evernote windows of different notes on one screen. Every time I reboot, I have to search evernote and open up all my standard notes and position them on that screen. Other Apps like Apple Mail remember opened windows and where they were positioned.

I think Apple built an API for that feature a few years ago so I think it is not that hard to accomplish.

Would be awesome if that feature got implemented.

Might be good for some people; might be bad for others.

My process for notes I want quick access to is to use a tag (!Hotnotes)
This tag is at the top of my Shortcuts list.

Archived