Evernote as a peripheral brain... or not?

I am a premium user trying to use Evernote as my personal knowledge base (PKB). I recently moved from trying other software alternatives (DevonThink, The Brain) because a variety of reasons. I really like Evernote's flexibility and superb synchronization across devices. I have a number of pdf files (both from personal and professional interests) that I am organizing with Evernote. Because I'm in the process of migrating my content, I'm halfway through my monthly 10 GB upload limit, and that's fine, I'm still have plenty of upload space. The problem is, after I passed the 4 GB limit, I have been receiving notices from Evernote warning me that I'm doing a lot of uploading. Yeah, I know that. The first warning was subtle, asking me how I use Evernote, questions that I dutifully answered. The latest ones are almost a threat, talking about "disruption of service," and I still have 4 GB more on my monthly allotment! I understand the recent pricing changes, and I decided that Evernote was worth it, but they need to know that annoying premium users with threats of disruption of service is not conducive to loyalty. There are other options out there.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PICU-MD said:

The latest ones are almost a threat, talking about "disruption of service," and I still have 4 GB more on my monthly allotment!

That is disappointing to hear.  I'm never close to the upload limit and have never seen a message.   I can understand a gentle reminder at some point if you are doing a lot of uploading as a reminder of the monthly limit, but it sounds likes the later warning notes are a little over the top and could be toned down.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PICU-MD said:

The first warning was subtle, asking me how I use Evernote, questions that I dutifully answered. The latest ones are almost a threat, talking about "disruption of service," and I still have 4 GB more on my monthly allotment! I understand the recent pricing changes, and I decided that Evernote was worth it, but they need to know that annoying premium users with threats of disruption of service is not conducive to loyalty. There are other options out there.

Could you add screenshots of the messages?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, PICU-MD said:

If I get another notice (hopefully not), I'll make sure to get a screenshot

The message may be a throw back to a time when EN changed to unlimited uploads.  If I remember there was some extensive uploading going on right after the change that triggered the warnings.  I would have thought the message would have disappeared after the limit was changed to 10GB.

Archived