Maual sort order

Hello,

I am submitting my request to add this feature to be able to manually sort our notes. I believe this is important especially when you are reading or studying a topic and you want to sort you notes based on that topic. It is much easier for some because in this way you create a small mind map without having to find what you want alphabetically. I know there are workarounds with numbers and letters but I don't want to follow this as it is difficult to make a change and I dont want mynotes to ABCDs etc. Is this doable or is it programmatically impossible?

16 hours ago, meliboo said:

Hello,

I am submitting my request to add this feature to be able to manually sort our notes. I believe this is important especially when you are reading or studying a topic and you want to sort you notes based on that topic. It is much easier for some because in this way you create a small mind map without having to find what you want alphabetically. I know there are workarounds with numbers and letters but I don't want to follow this as it is difficult to make a change and I dont want mynotes to ABCDs etc. Is this doable or is it programmatically impossible?

I fully support this.

• Level 5*
On 05/08/2016 at 9:32 AM, meliboo said:

I believe this is important especially when you are reading or studying a topic and you want to sort you notes based on that topic.

Manual sorts might be feasible if you have very few notes,  but if you have some hundreds or thousands of notes on various topics,  why would you not use a separate notebook or tags to identify the set of notes to which you want to refer?  Once you have searched or listed the notes you could use a Table of Contents note to list them all,  and lines within that note can be reordered or sorted as you require.

• Level 5*

Another workaround in the meantime could be to create a set of tags like !005, !010, !015 and so on to apply to the notes.  Then in any context a tag search will order the notes.   Gaps in the numbers for the obvious reasons.  Should be able to use the tags across multiple lists without any issues.  FWIW. 

• Level 5*
On August 5, 2016 at 1:32 AM, meliboo said:

Evernote has shown they can implement this, as shown in the Reminder and Shortcut sections.

I have many views of my notes, achieved by saved searches (projects, tasks etc)
Are you asking for EN to maintain manual sort orders for each of these views?

Archived