More Copy to Notebook options

• Level 5*

I use Templates a fair amount,  for diary pages,  phone calls and some standard layouts.  I have a 'templates' notebook which contains the originals,  and I right-click a note and use Copy to Notebook to create additional copies of the template whenever required.  One.  By.  Every.  Single.  One.

I mean - there's no 'number of copies' option.  In fact the only options are:

1. Which notebook?
  2. Keep created and updated dates?
  3. Keep tags?

Having made these major choices I get one (1) single copy.  I have to do the whole thing again (and again...) if I want more than one.

I've played with macros to generate several copies for when I'm doing catchups,  but if I set it for high numbers there will usually be too many,  and low numbers just mean lots of slow macro runs.

So.  If you use the 'copy note' function and would like to see at least one more option in there of - 4. How many copies? - please click the upvote box at top left.  :)

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Having made these major choices I get one (1) single copy.  I have to do the whole thing again (and again...) if I want more than one.

This should be a very low priority, IMO.  How often, and how many users, actually need to create a new note from template at the same time?  Seems like a very, very, limited, use case to me.  I don't think I've ever seen another app that offers a quantity to create when creating a new document, etc from template.

Does EN Win not have the "Duplicate Note" action that is in EN Mac?  (menu Note > Duplicate Note)
Assign a shortcut key to this menu item, and just press it as many times as you need a new note.

Archived