Creating a tag by typing "#" before the word in the note?

Other note taking apps have a feature where you type "#" in front of the word which will create a tag.   Is that possible to do in Evernote?   With the Android Beta, their is quick note creation from the notifications and that would be handy.   

,Ricky 

• Level 5*

Hi.  No,  sorry - if you use a lot of tags it can be easier to set up several at a time - just open a tag box and type tag1,tag2,tag3 in succession - the system will allocate three separate tags.  Or if you use 'special word' type tags - add a standard character before your tag word,  as in Xtag - then a standard search will find your note(s).

If anyone else would like to see '#' (or some other character) adopted to create tags - please upvote this thread in the top left of this page.

• Level 5*
On August 4, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Ricky said:

Other note taking apps have a feature where you type "#" in front of the word which will create a tag.   Is that possible to do in Evernote?   With the Android Beta, their is quick note creation from the notifications and that would be handy.   

Tags are not something I create on the fly;  I have a defined set, and I assign these to notes.

Also, I like using the tag area.  It gives me drop down lists so I can select from my predefined list

Archived