How to choose S-Note notebook

Hi, 

I have synchronisation turned on on my note 4, and obviously am using Evernote instead of S-Note account. But I don't like the fact that all my notes are saved in my 'first notebook' (which is set as deafult), and would prefer to change save location (notebook), and I can't find any option to do so.

Thanks in advance

Hello @Paweł,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Due to the way that S-Note is implemented, it will appear in your default notebook or in the S-Note notebook when on your Note 4 (which doesn't appear on any other device). You can of course move the notes from your default notebook to other notebooks, but currently there is not a way to change that default sync location. Hopefully with the next version of the S Note application from Samsung, they can make the sync location optional.

• Level 5

Forgive me, Paweł, for jumping into your thread with a slightly different question. I realize this is really a question for Samsung's tech support, but since I think @Matt W. is about 1000x more likely to respond, I'm going to ask it here. Matt, if you can't answer it, that's fine.

I'd like to keep S-Note from automatically syncing notes to Evernote at all. I use S-Note only rarely, and even more rarely than that to I use it for a note I want to sync with EN. In S-Note settings, under Accounts, I have two accounts, Samsung and Evernote. The radio button next to Evernote is selected, but in the settings for the EN account, Sync notes is turned off. Nevertheless, whenever I do write a note in S-Note, it is synced to Evernote. I can, of course, select the Samsung account as the sync account instead (I never even access that account, so it's fine for them to go off to Neverland there). But what I'd like is to have Evernote as the sync account, but to have sync happen only when I specifically request it. Matt or anyone, is there a way to do this?

Hello @Dave-in-Decatur,

This is definitely interesting. I tried this on both the Note 4 Edge and the Note 5 with the same results. In the account screen in S Note you can select to "Sync Notes" and regardless of whether or not it is checked, it still syncs into your Evernote account if Evernote is the default sync account. While I believe this is an S Note issue, I will be looking into this further on my end and do further testing. I will let you know the results when I am done.

Thanks guys!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @Dave-in-Decatur,

This is definitely interesting. I tried this on both the Note 4 Edge and the Note 5 with the same results. In the account screen in S Note you can select to "Sync Notes" and regardless of whether or not it is checked, it still syncs into your Evernote account if Evernote is the default sync account. While I believe this is an S Note issue, I will be looking into this further on my end and do further testing. I will let you know the results when I am done.

Thanks guys!

Yes, this is  my experience exactly, and I'm sure it is an S-Note issue. I owe Samsung an apology for dissing their tech support. I sent a message through their Website, and got a speedy reply. The relevant portion is:

From what you wrote, I understand that you want to be able to select what S Note is synced to Evernote and when.

We are very grateful for your email. We make every effort to provide services of the highest value for our customers. Your comments and requests are greatly appreciated. We appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas.

Please know that we are continually working to improve the Samsung customer experience, but at this moment, this option is not available. However, we have taken your feedback into consideration.

I'm going to write back and ask, politely, what the purpose of the "Sync Notes" checkbox is, and will report. Meanwhile, I've just shifted the main sync account to Samsung, which I never use, so if notes have to sync somewhere they'll at least be out of my way. Basically, I can't see anything that S-Note can do that Evernote can't do, unless I wanted to do some artistic drawing, which I might want to do but, sadly, can't no matter what software I use. :D

Archived