Data loss after Mac update

Hi there-- My Evernote just updated and one of my notes was wiped clean. I'm not able to access the View History since I'm not a premium member. This feels more like a bug more than anything, but I don't think I should have to upgrade to premium to get my note back. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Samantha

I actually logged back into Evernote yesterday and the note reappeared! It was completely blank on Monday immediately after the update and but now everything is all there. Pretty sure this was just a glitch in the system.

• Level 5*
On August 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM, samlee807 said:

Hi there-- My Evernote just updated and one of my notes was wiped clean. I'm not able to access the View History since I'm not a premium member. This feels more like a bug more than anything, but I don't think I should have to upgrade to premium to get my note back. Can someone please help?

I moved this discussion to the Mac forum

I'm late to this discussion, and I see you problem has been resolved.

Sometimes rebooting your device resolves problems.
I would have also checked the web platform to see if your note was really wiped clean.
After that, I would have simply deleted the app, deleted the database, and reinstalled

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I moved this discussion to the Mac forum

I'm late to this discussion, and I see you problem has been resolved.

Sometimes rebooting your device resolves problems.
I would have also checked the web platform to see if your note was really wiped clean.
After that, I would have simply deleted the app, deleted the database, and reinstalled

Hi @samlee807, welcome to the Forums!

For anyone experiencing an issue where either an entire note or the content of a note is missing from the Evernote Mac application, the best first step would be to check the web version of Evernote at evernote.com to see if the note or note content appears there. If the entire note is missing, check the Trash notebook at the bottom of your notebooks list to see if the note is in there. If so, the note can be restored from the Trash. For missing note content, logging out of the Evernote application, rebooting the device, and logging back is also always a good first troubleshooting step, as mentioned previously.

If the note or note content still does not appear in the Mac app, the next troubleshooting step would be to use the following steps to force the Mac application to pull all of your notes from the servers.

• Open Evernote for Mac
  • Hold Option+Shift on your keyboard
  • Click the sync wheel

Please note that this process may take longer than a normal sync. Only use the above steps if you have verified that the note or note content appears properly on the web first.

As @DTLow pointed out, a database rebuild can help resolve issues like this, however we recommend trying the above approaches first to avoid having to take more invasive steps.

Let me know if y'all have any questions!

Archived