search function made easy

Leont

Idea

if i have a long long list of email addresses and phone numbers in 1 single note

i can search it

but the search only shows which note has the word im searching

i have to scroll down very slowly to find the searched words in a yellow box

why cant evernote made it simple so that the cursor goes straight to the line of the searched words and if there are more than just 1 findings we can just hit next or previous

this is simple microsoft excell find function

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you can split your big note into sections at least (I'm thinking on a desktop for ease of access) you should find it simpler to locate the record you need.  Ideally,  you need one record per note.  Searching within notes is also easy - put your search text in the clipboard to jump to the correct note,  then check the three dots menu for search within note and search that text again.

making many many notes is not ideal for me

i just moved to android from iphone

on iphone we have the app called notebooks, they have the search text function that i mentioned

about the search within note, how do i do that? when i press the 3 vertical dots i cant find search command

i am on the free version of evernote by the way

• Level 5*

Sorry - I misled you;  I'm working on the Android beta app,  and that has several new features - one of which is search within note.  See below.  It should be coming to public release shortly...

2016-08-02 16.15.02.jpg

Archived